Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

sweetie/candy bar? mismatched jars?

miss_winter14, 17 of January of 2014 at 15:34 Posted on Planning 0 14

Is anyone having their own sweetie/candy bar (by own i'm meaning not hired- totally DIY), and if so, do your jars match or are they eclectic?

we're having a sweetie bar now (last min addition) and i'm contemplating mismatched jars but i cannot for the life of me picture how this will look? so i wondered if any of you lovely hitchers we're having mismatched jars for your sweetie bars and if so, could i be cheeky and sneak a peek at the jars for inspiration?

thanks to anyone who can help in advance Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 26 of February of 2014 at 20:24
  • W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Miss Winter, we are also planning on a DIY Sweetie Bar. Whilst i've not got any jars as yet, When i've looked up sweetie buffet images on google they all look to me like they are different sized jars so that is what we're going for. the Range do nice Giant Martini glass / Brandy glasses for approx £6-8 ....let me know if you find any good, cheap containers.

Where are you getting the bags/tongs from?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Bags.....i've forgotten the site but it was brown paper bags with sayings on them. going for scoops from either confetti or amazon.

i don't mind size differences but some of our jars are patterned (were given some by friends but not enough) and it's a pattern which i can't find anywhere. my mother is looking at buying a few jars with the horizontal ribbing on them, so a second pattern, we have one totally plain jar and looking into two over sized glasses...... so. many. patterns Smiley atonished

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh patterned jars....i'd not thought of that. We were going for plain glass....oooh....would you mind keeping me up to date with how you get on? We aren't getting married till December but want to start getting things as we see them.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sept14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going mismatch with styles and sizes. Got some cute ones from tk max the other day with a heart design on :-)

I seem to buy jars in pairs, bit OCD like that...

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'd like it to be symmetrical so don't mind it all not matching but long as the other sides the same haha. Seen lots like that on pinterest and like the look of it so it'll be differenct sized jars, martini glasses, larger vase types and got some love heart shaped red bowls too. Also have a couple of cake stands for muffins and different cakes / doughnuts etc.

Not exactly like this but hoping for it to be almost as nice Smiley smile

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I can certainly keep you up-to date. we're probably going to sell ours post wedding infact so that might help you?

anyone got any flash-able pics? really struggling with visualisation :/

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

It certainly would help, thank you. My Personal email address is ******.******@*****.***.

Don't know if i'm supposed to pass out my email address....but hey ho.

I'd never thought of looking in TK Maxx......fabulous idea!

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Totally diying it with a mish mash of jars and bowls Smiley smile xxx

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Winter bride 14 I'll probably be putting some jars up.Too after my April.wedding but try places like dunelm and pound stretcher xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

I've been buying jars/vases for a little while in places like IKEA, Ebay and Sainsbury's

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a sweetie bar but I did see some nice, quite big jars in Home Bargains yesterday at a really good price if anyone is interested.

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

I saw some nice coloured sweetie jars in bnm homestores for a few pounds and matalan had some very large ones for 5 pounds Smiley smile

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Doing a totally DIY table for our wedding which is one month today!!

Need to get a few more jars but all will be different sizes thjough the same on each side... hopefully

We are also using cream cupcake stands on each side and me and my mum are hoping to make tiny tray bakes to pop on them or else get mini cupcakes from a local bakery Smiley smile

no idea what it will look like until i assemble them on our kitchen table and wont see it until the wedding as the hotel are assembling it for us.

got scoops and bags on amazon loads of jars in B&M and ikea

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having a sweet table but I think having mis matched jars, different sizes, shapes etc would look great!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I dont think Ive ever seen one that were NOT mixed and matched. But this one even had the sweets match the colour scheme

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics