Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Symptoms or hypochondriac.

4 December, 2012 at 21:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 31

Not sure why I'm posting this I feel like I need to tell some one. But not some one I know. No one knows were ttc. I copied this off my blog.

After BFN no 48 hit the bottom of the bin this morning I am afraid to say I am more then gutted this month.

At the beginning of the month I had my AF which meant I had to go to hospital for my HSG test. The test is a scan to see if the tubes and ovaries and cervix are clear. Which they were.

After the test the nurse left with these imparting words

"Good luck, most people find it easier to ttc after this test as it kind of flushes it all through. "

Words I wish I'd never heard. Due to how long it's taken so far I am not one to get my hopes up. Despite this I knew I could have a AF and I'd been cleared so I suppose I should have had more chance?'

And I really did think that. Especially towards the end of the month where I had bad stomach cramps, headaches, need the loo up to 6 times an hour, feeling sick. And the worst? My boobs were killing me.

Now who wouldn't mistake that for a bit of good news. My predicted AF was due to start 26.11.12 but due to having family stay I delayed doing a POAS until today.

For a whole 3 minutes I was so smug until my stopwatch reminded me to read the results. (The first time I haven't peeked after 15 seconds) and there it was. Not. Pregnant.

Once again my body has tricked and deceived me. I have failed as a woman yet again.

I know OH wants this as much as I do, and I have told him I can not have him tell me "I want you to be the mother of our children. " any more as it just reminds me of how I'm just faulty I am.

I hate not knowing why or how. I hate having to be all happy whilst on the inside I'm dieing.

Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.

31 replies

Latest activity by MummyMoo82, 5 December, 2012 at 16:37
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Ah Miss I'm sorry. How long have you been ttc? Are you on mumdrum, you should come over, there's girls there in the same boat and its a great support, espesh for long term ttc'ers. Was it the first lot of tests youve had? Has your H had any yet? Xx

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Oh missrae it is heartbreaking reading this. Have some weirdy web *hugs* Have you told anyone at all, or is it just you and OH going through it alone?

A friend at work is sturggling too, they are now looking into IVF. They were in despair, but now they have a chance and are so hopeful again. I have no real advice except maybe it would help if you could talk to someone other than your OH about what you're feeling? My friend and her partner were offered individual counselling which they have found helpful while navigating this situation.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

You should give the MTTC (mid term ttc) thread a go if you feel up to it. It's just the girls who are ttc but the shines been taken away either from ttc for a while or m/c etc. Alot of them had had investigations or are starting so is a good resource too. No pressure just to let you knowit's there

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Oh no it's not cliquey, there's always new faces but tis so welcoming. I was only on there for a few months and the girls were so supportive. It IS lonely and sometimes feels like it won't happen but there's plenty of stories on there to prove otherwise ?

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Let it out girl. Sometimes you need the release of a good old cry. Its a horrible place to be, but you're not on your own. I liked the saying, every month without a bfp is a month closer to getting your bfp, if that makes sense?

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Aww so sorry to read that, I am MTTC just now, and like Missus S said, we'd be delighted to have you. Theres no pressure to contribute lots, just a place to let it out and get some advice, or at the very least some sympathy ?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

The good news is you've had your first lot of tests. The bad news is they need to do many more, do you have any more tests scheduled?

It's all very well and good to have nice clear tubes etc, but unless your body releases an egg, the clear tubes are redundant. Have you had what are (badly) termed 21-day blood tests to check if you are ovulating? If not, ask for these. Secondly, has you partner had a semen analysis? If not, he really should. You could spend years thinking it is your body not working, where he could have a problem too.

Lastly come and join Mumdrum. There are lots of us there who are going through exactly what you describe. We have our first appointment with the fertility clinic on 25th January. We had our tests done in reverse to you, I've already had lots of blood tests and H has had his semen analysis. I'll be booked in for an HSG after our initial consultation I imagine.

A really easy way to see if you are ovulating is to take your temperature daily. Thermometers cost less than a fiver.

If you need any help just give me a shout.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Ideally you need to do it first thing upon waking. However, in my experience the strict guidelines are for those who are very sensitive to movement. Forexample, I can can my temp upon waking, or whilst I have got up to pee, or whilst I get back to bed and they are pretty much exactly the same. Once I have been up and about ten minutes or so then I see a change. Some people notice that they only have to blink and it affects their waking temp, so I guess you won't know until you try it!

If you can take it before you get up to wee, it only takes a minute. It doesn't matter if it bobs up and down each day it is the overall pattern that is important.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Missrae, I am just learning to temp as well, started this morning. Am looking forward to seeing whats really going on.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I would recommend Fertility Friend as it is really user friendly on the PC , iPhone and iPad.

My chart is from the Duofertility software, the only difference with that is the temperature is recorded by a sensor I wear all the time instead of a thermometer. The sensor is the size of a 10p and sits under my arm just above my bra underband. It does the temping invisibly so no faffing in the mornings.

You don't want know how much it costs though. We got it to ensure we made the most out of ther fertility treatment we are about to start, but if you're willing to have a faff in the mornings, a thermometer works just as well. I was fed up of the faffing so we got the Duofertility instead.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Hey lovely

Can I send you a link to blog post I wrote about my journey? It 'might' make you feel a little better x

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

£480

*runs away with fingers in ears la la la la la* I still can't believe we spent that much on what if effectively a side-boob thermometer. H says it is worth it but he loves gadgets.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to read your story Daffodil.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I'll send it you now *Ducky*. I warn you, it is long as I was asked to keep writing ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I'll email you now x

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad. Loved writing it. You know where I am x

• Beez
    Beginner May 2016
    Beez ·
    • Hide content

Don't want to steal you away from OT but really hope you'll come to MD. In fact I'd post this exact thread over there and introduce yourself - there's gaudier a lot of new traffic so you won't feel out of it. So many stories and experience that you can get advice and support on ?

• Beez
    Beginner May 2016
    Beez ·
    • Hide content

Don't want to steal you away from OT but really hope you'll come to MD. In fact I'd post this exact thread over there and introduce yourself - there's gaudier a lot of new traffic so you won't feel out of it. So many stories and experience that you can get advice and support on ?

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Nothing very useful to add, other than to remind you it's hump day and therefore you are now closer to the weekend coming as opposed to the one just gone x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics