Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2015

Syon Park House and Great Conservatory

Champagne Susie, 24 of August of 2014 at 22:56 Posted on Planning 0 16

My fiance and I are considering having our wedding at this beautiful venue, but we can't find any reviews on it, which would help us make up our minds. We have already visited it and know how the day would be organised, but we would like to hear from anyone who has attended a wedding there in wet weather!

16 replies

Latest activity by Alex, 5 of February of 2024 at 08:59
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

A few photographer friends have photographed Syon Park and the photos turned out fantastic, even the wet weather wedding I saw from one last year. I don't think you will have any problems as long as the photographer knows what they are doing.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

It's a lovely venue, very well run and has the loveliest gardens for photos.

Ralph has more than a passing interest in the well-being of Syon Park too, it's very personal to him.

Wet weather should only effect your possession of the grounds, even in the worst case scenario of rain all day there is enough light in most places to keep things bright.

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    Champagne Susie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, Bruce, for your reply. I know how important it is to have an experienced photographer who would be able to deal with the occasion whatever the weather! Did your friends notice any problems in the conservatory, as we have been advised that it is not watertight?

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    Champagne Susie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, Chris, for your reply.

It certainly looks an amazing venue, something for everyone, and we would love to hold our wedding there if possible.

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have asked them and so far one has come right back saying he didn't notice any buckets around when he did a rainy day wedding?, will let you know when I get the other friends reply?.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I was a BM there in 1985 and the pics still look incredible today......don't know if that helps any?

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    Champagne Susie ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! Thanks Bruce! ?

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    Champagne Susie ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! Thanks Bruce!

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Forgot all about this sorry, He rang me today to tell me that he didn't see any problems with water leaking in and it was a very rainy day in 2013, he also said it was lovely to shoot the group photos inside for a change?

Good luck and I hope it helps, you have one stunning venue which is on my most wanted list to shoot a wedding at?.

Bruce

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    Champagne Susie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you "miss_winter14"! It's great to hear lots of positive things about it! ?

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    Champagne Susie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much Bruce! That is reassuring. I do feel very excited about this venue. ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous venue. On the positive side, to some it easier to leave negative reviews, so if you've searched and can't find any, I'd grab it with both hands ?

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

I grew up down the the road and it is so beautiful! Snap it up!!!

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And so you should be, it is a fantastic venue and a photographers dream to shoot because there are so many spots for photos you are spoilt for choice??

• Raluca
    Beginner June 2023 Surrey
    Raluca ·
    • Hide content
    Does anyone know if you can use a DJ? They mention bands on their website but no DJ and it’s really difficult to get a reply from the via email. Thank you
  • Beverley
    Beginner April 2022
    Beverley ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure you can, they have plenty of room

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics