Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kitty824
Beginner December 2011

Table centre piece ideas please?

Kitty824, 6 of February of 2011 at 21:42 Posted on Planning 0 8

We FINALLY have a reception venue, (did things wrong way around and changed our minds) and we have quite a few things sorted so we are turning our attentions to decorations, bit early maybe but I really want things organised as we have quite afew other major things happening this year (our wedding is the most major one obviously) well anyway our numbers have changed dramatically and now the decorations we did have arent enough and Ive changed my mind about them anyway...

Our colour scheme is Red, grey and silver and theme is xmas/ snowflakes, can anyone offer me some inspiration? our original choice was small christmas trees but im thinking that abit naff now...

We would like to incorporate light but we arent allowed candles...

thank you so much in advance!!!

x

8 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 6 of February of 2011 at 22:21
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

If you want candles, you can have electronic ones that flicker and look like the real thing - something like these: http://www.batterycandles.co.uk/pillars/?kw=LED%20candles&gclid=COCT05LA9KYCFcomfAodzCU3Eg

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

Assorted baubles in vases lit up ?

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I've always liked vases/bowls of baubles for christmas weddings.. With a few scattered fir cones.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

They're really nice BB

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

• E
    Beginner December 2011
    eternallyme ·
    • Hide content

Hiya! Im kind glad that I'm not the only one who keeps changing my mind about things! I wouldnt worry about wanting to sort decorations out, that was the first thing we looked at once we booked the venue.

AJ is spot on with the electirc candles, thats what we're having and they really do have a lovely effect. For your colour theme you may even been able to find one with a more white light. Im not sure if this will be your cup of tea but we're having paperwhite bulbs in a basket with fake candles in the moss and cones:

When i think of your colours and theme I see something like this but you could use silver instead of gold: you could then have some sort of 'snow' aorund the bottom: (sorry if this is not for you.... i like the idea of giving the table decorations as gifts at the end of the day and people can keep them/plant them)

I'll have a think and see if there is anything else i can think of!X

PS. have you seen my flash?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you have a Modelzone anywhere near you, head to their model railway section and ask about Woodland Scenics soft flake snow - it may well be suitable. Many other model railway shops sell, or can get, the Woodland Scenics stuff even if they don't stock that particular item. Failing that, Ebay it.

Original american site page: https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/SN140/page/1

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

If you want to incorporate fake snow then we use this:

it is available in most florist suppliers.

You could use a fishbowl or similar vase filled with snow in the bottom and then place babubles in Red & Silver snowflakes & place a white floralyte in the bottom would look fab.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics