Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NicolaT88
Beginner October 2014

Table Centrepieces

NicolaT88, 8 of April of 2013 at 22:11 Posted on Planning 0 26

I've been having a look at ideas to see what sort of thing we'd like but can't find anything that I really like.

How did you all decide on what you wanted??

26 replies

Latest activity by Amaranth, 10 of April of 2013 at 21:19
  • germaki
    Beginner October 2013
    germaki ·
    • Hide content

Mine was mainly driven by price, I originally wanted lots of floral arrangements but I wouldn't know what to do with them afterwards!

I decided to go with vases with candles in them as I can try and sell them on after. I have 10 vases and pillar candles and paid £60 for all of them.

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

Mine was dependent on costs also. I bought candle gardens in the Christmas sales for a fiver each and am guna be tarting them up with some pinecones, ivy and placing all those on solid oak slices with rose petals, sweetie trees and mini sweetie cones - not allowed a dessert buffet for the evening so having edible table decorations to be cheeky ?

I don't like balloons, flowers and candelabras were too expensive, those big wine glass things are just not my thing..

I guess it depends on your theme if you're having one? are you a floral girl? like modern or traditional? And definitely your budget! xXx

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't quite sure what I wanted- fishbowl? Flowers? Anyway, I happened to spot some nice footed bowls in dunelm one day, then was at the counter in sainsburys and spotted some silver beaded mats. I figured they would go pretty well together so bought them- it just so happens they had exactly the numbers I needed of both things! Simple set up, but on the day will have other elements added around them and on the table. Excuse the grainy pictures :0/

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

:o Test run! Why did I not think of that? I wanna make sure I haven't got too much going on.

I think that ^^^ looks lovely, elegant and neither OTT or lacking - Hmm I like that ? ?

• G
    Beginner April 2014
    Gumibear85 ·
    • Hide content

Im having the same dilemma... I really dont know what I want!

I dont think i will go down the flower route, as it just starts getting really expensive.

My other half has suggested ballons tied to somethinhg pretty... but I just kind of feel it makes it seem a bit 'party-ish'

I thought of candles, but im worried that the candles will burn out and then it wont look so pretty?

I dont want to spend a fortune, but im stumped as to what I want too!!!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

I bought lanterns Smiley smile, i took them to my florest who will make a snug flowery reef to go around the bottom.

This is my lanterns:

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Pinterest is great for a bit of inspiration! We decided to keep it cheap, simple and in keeping with our rustic theme to use mis-match jars that we are collecting now. Going to pop some gypsophilia and forget me nots from the wholesalers in them. I may tie some lace and hessian around them too.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Something like these.

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas. Our colour theme is black and I love anything with a sparkle but anything I see I don't think will make much of an impact.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Feel free to have a look through our albums, all artificial but may give you some ideas ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aislebeyourscom/sets/

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks :0) the potted candles on the coasters are scented. They have a variety to choose from at Home Bargains and they were only 69p each!!! X

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you having any kind of theme?

Black candelabras with hanging crystals on a mirror plate with scatter gems?
    Black ceramic plate with black candles (candle garden) with sand/pebbles/glass nuggets
    Tall cylindrical vase with black pebbles/glass nuggets in the bottom and then filled with water with a floating candle on top, placed on a mirror plate with black rose petals scattered round? or extra tea lights? or liquorice allsorts? :o

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content

Mine was driven by price too. Wanted to avoid the expense of flowers so went for this (total cost was around £10 per table and all from ebay):

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content

We're having a spring wedding and are going for painted terracotta pots of spring bulbs. I'm going to paint the pots and grow the bulbs so it won't be too expensive and the plan is to give them to Mums, Aunties etc as a memento. Any spare bulbs that haven't bloomed in time or get rejected can go in the garden.

Pinterest is a great source of inspiration!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou Smiley laugh, my mum found them and we bought them Smiley smile. I think it was about £60.00 for 8 plus p&p Smiley laugh
    Plus i like the fact we can keep them and then in the summer months break them out in the garden while having a BBQ....looking at them and remembering your happy day Smiley laugh

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

This is lovely!! Smiley smile

• V
    Beginner September 2016
    villachick1972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Again ours will be driven by cost and we will be having some flowers but i have been researching a lot on prices for the vases as i think buying the vases/fishbowls yourself can make it cheaper. My mum knows a florist and so does my aunt so we will be speaking to them instead of going to wedding florist who are much more expensive. These are some of the ideas i am looking at and the birdcage one is actually a DIY one that i found whilst surfing the net. I am doing them as decor for around our wedding venue and marquee. The White latern is definitely one that we are having on 5 of the tables and the item is only £11.00 and it has little flowers in, which i have been told will be cheap to do

• G
    Beginner April 2014
    Gumibear85 ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking of creating my centrepieces myself. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of nice, big glass vases, filling them with those shiny stones you can get (Ive always known them as'dragons droppings' !) and then using artificial flowers - like the ones you cam get from Dunelm.

Then probably tarting it up with some nice fancy ribbon or something.

Thats one idea... but then I also like the idea of candles... just worried they will burn out too quickly and be left looking a little rubbish?

i also saw some giant wine glasses filled with things that looked really nice....

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    Jinglebride ·
    • Hide content

We're having a naval theme as OH is in the Navy and our venue is a Tall Ship so we've gone with a Message in a Bottle idea - we bought glass bottles from IKEA (about £2 each) and will ask guests to write us a message and leave it in the bottle which we will read afterwards. We're just getting a small ring of flowers to sit round it and make it look a bit prettier. It doubles as a guestbook so 2 birds, 1 stone!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're going with the mis-matched jars theme too and just filling them with roses/carnations/whatever else we can pick up in Asda the day before. I've ordered little heart shaped chalk boards to tie round them to use as table numbers too and will then have tealights on the table surrounding them.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Haven't flashed for a while so...

Reception room (we're having the lights too)

Then we'll have these flowers...

..in these tall centrepieces (four of them)

...and these lower ones (five of them)

• Crafty_J
    Beginner August 2013
    Crafty_J ·
    • Hide content

You mentioned "I love anything with a sparkle but anything I see I don't think will make much of an impact." Our theme is cocktails so we've gone for a selection of vases shaped liked cocktail/wine/champagne glasses which will be filled with gel water-soaking beads like the ones below and a few carefully chosen flowers spiraled around the inside to keep costs down.

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How about those tall twigs spray-painted black and then threaded with fairy lights? You could also make them sparkly with subtle glitter. Put them in a tall, thin vase. You could also have a mirror plate with candles at the bottom and crystals somewhere in the mix. Would it be too much to hang crystals of the twigs as though they were trees? The height will add impact.

I am having flowers, bought wholesale and arranged by a friend of FMIL. I don't know what to put them in though. I like some galvanised buckets I saw, or thinking of buying basic vases and wrapping in hessian. My tables are trestle in a trident shape so I'm not really going for a big centrepiece per table but regular, small things.

On the topic of balloons - I don't like the normal ones but there are these big, round, pastel ones now which I really like. They would add impact! I've also seen a wedding where balloons were hung from the ceiling but small weights were put in the balloons as they were blown up so they hung upside down over the tables.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

I was like that at first we decided that flowers were too expensive, so I went to a wedding fair and got a deal on these the big version, they are lovely and will bling up the room and are for hire so I am happy. There is so much choice depending on what you want, they have candles in them too and come with a mirror base,

• A
    Beginner December 2013
    Amaranth ·
    • Hide content

The caterer we're planning to use includes floral table centrepieces in the package. I've to pick from a selection but, honestly, it's one of those things I couldn't care less about. I don't want anything fancy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics