Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsMac2be
Super May 2015

Table Centrepieces with Flash

MrsMac2be, 20 December, 2010 at 16:41 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have just found these on ebay and I thought to have them but with purple stones, white flower (not sure which though, maybe a rose as shown in pic) and maybe a purple glittery heart on the flowers rather than the butterfly, shown in the pic and either white or purple beargrass... what do you think and where could I find some purple glittery hearts from?

8 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 21 December, 2010 at 08:58
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You could get the purple glittery heart from a craft shop which sells things for cardmaking such as Hobbycraft. To be honest, I've never seen purple bear grass. You can get green, black, natural, brown and gold and silver but the gold and silver comes off onto your hands like mad so I wouldn't recommend using it in wedding flowers at all! You could use flexiwood which does come in purple - you can see it at the front of this table arrangement in hot pink:-

It bends around corners like bear grass.

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

Cheeky bump Smiley smile

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could use these:

http://www.motifmania.co.uk/product.php?productid=8

These are the Midelino sticks that Brenda mentioned they are flexible so can be bent easily inside the vase:

I've used them in lots of designs in the past:

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

Thats fab thank you, can you get white beargrass rather than purple then?

Also, any ideas as to where I could get the purple rocks/stones from too please?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You can get natural bear grass which is off white. Didn't you win your flowers in the Hitched raffle..? If so, Amour will be able to get them for you as well as the purple flexiwood and purple rocks.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You can get the sticks in White but you can buy all the rocks here:

http://www.rista.co.uk/crystalglass.html#glassrocks

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

Yes I did, never thought of Claire to source me them... I have found 8 x 10" fishbowls on ebay for £65.00 is that a good deal? Also 10 x 12" mirrored plates for £55.00. I just thought it will save me some money if I bought the items and tried to make them myself, it doesnt look to hard to do on that pic.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You may find that your florist will be able to source everything cheaper for you as we all buy wholesale.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Doubt it to be honest - as Sherrie says we all have access to wholesalers which are trade only so it would probably work out more expensive for you buying all the individual items yourself unless you really want to have a go yourself..? y If so, you could try Brigg Garden Centre just outside Brigg in Lincs if that's anywhere near you? They have lots of sundries for flower arranging but you will find them very pricey compared to florists.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics