Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2013

Table confetti

sazzajw, 21 May, 2013 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi does anyone know what material table confetti is made from, the plastic kind i'm on about.. and where i can buy it from?

8 replies

Latest activity by tayto, 21 May, 2013 at 20:39
  • S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content

The sheets of plastic i mean, i want to punch my own shapes out

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't know what it is in order for you to buy the correct stuff but why do you want to make your own? Are you struggling to find the right shape or colour? It's so cheap to buy that I can't see how you could possibly buy the materials for anywhere near as little money...

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I made my own table confetti as I wanted it to be out of paper that was left over from the invites I made. I'm also a card maker though so I'd suggest it's probably vellum paper you are after - despite being called 'paper', it actually feels plastic-y! It's obviously a little more expensive but you can get nice patterned vellum or you can print a design on it yourself. Do be careful of the setting on your printer if you do that though as some printers can be too rough & ruin it in you! If you are using a craft punch, I would suggest having some tin foil around as you will need that to sharpen the punch once you have done a lot of punching! some vellum can be hard to punch on though so choose carefully!

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content

Its not about the cost, i have a couple of punch shapes that i would like to use.

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content

Thanks t4yt0. how do i sharpen the punch using tin foil??

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Then I'd suggest vellum paper - I've punched shapes out of it and it can be really nice. As I said earlier, it's not actually paper, it has a more plastic feel. I'm not sure if that is what table confetti is made from but I do think vellum will work for you.... My venue offered us table crystals as 'confetti' but, as we had small kids, I was afraid they'd eat it and using the left over paper served two purposes! ?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Does your punch look like these?

If so, you just put the tin foil in where you'd normally punch the shape, punch it and then when u use the vellum, that will improve the punching! (It worked for me anyway) You only need to do it when you notice the shape looking a little 'frayed' at the edges.

If it's not a punch like these, can you post a pic or a link?

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content

Mine are xcut punches, thanks for the advice, will give it a go Smiley smile

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Yeah xcut are great so you'll be fine. any probs, just pm me. good luck & give us a flash of them when done! If you don't mind me asking, what are the shapes? (just my crafter's curiosity kicking in here!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics