Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PompeyEm
Beginner September 2011

Table Decorations

PompeyEm, 7 February, 2011 at 16:17 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm hoping that you talented bunch can help me.

Everything else, in terms of ideas and inspiration, has come to me really easily from designing my own invites, table plans, place-cards etc but flowers are something I know nothing aboout and have had, literally, no inspiration for at least not as far as the table decorations are concerned.

We're getting top table and the other table decorations included in our package, so we're not sure of budget. We're hoping to meet with the florist within a couple of weeks and I would at least like to be able to go to her with some ideas otherwise I have a feeling it could get a bit overwhelming (and that's just me, let alone my OH!)

Our colour theme is mainly navy blue and ivory, with a hint of red. The wedding is at the end of September so fully expecting not too much choice in blue flowers.

Ideas more than welcome! Ranging from just flowers, to incorporating candlabra, hurricane lamps etc etc

Thanks in advance!

8 replies

Latest activity by Buzzee, 8 February, 2011 at 13:03
  • L
    Beginner June 2011
    little_miss ·
    • Hide content

We bought a wedding flowers magazine before we went to see our florist to give us an idea of what we liked.

• theflowerco
    theflowerco ·
    • Hide content

Hi PompeyEm,

Dont be overwhelmed, your florist will guide you through what is available.

Sept is a great time for blue flower selection, but not so good for the cost of flowers! this has turned out to be the most expensive time for us to buy, as all flowers are sold at auction, as as Sept is popular for weddings, eceryone is bidding on the same flowers!

Here are some blue ideas for you! and some candelabras etc...

Have fun deciding!

Zoe x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few more for you:

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe

Thanks for the piccies! Love the candelabra idea... would you have to use specific kinds of flowers to achieve this?

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh Sherrie, thanks for these! I love Gerberas, I'm hoping for a red gerbera bouquet!. The 'tumbling' orchid is also stunning. I've gone from no idea to three I love in 5 minutes! Damn, I'm not good with decisions!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pompey Em

Sorry to crash but just wanted to say hello to my first venue twin! I remember reading your post about the Talbot Inn a while back and recognised your name! Your wedding is before ours (ours is Dec)! But will keep an eye on your plans - in a non-stalkerish way i promise!!

We also went for the package with flowers included so looking forward to meeting with them later on this month (I too am not really a flower person!) - and co-oincidentally we're also going for navy, but with creams and golds i think!

H x

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Em, your colour scheme is EXACTLY the same as mine!

Our table decorations are a little unusual... we're having Indian food brought to the table. What happens is that each table has one of these in the centre:

and a bowl of food is placed into each of the food holders... people then help themselves to what they want, so it's like a mini buffet for each table!

Anyway, you can put flowers in the top, so we'll probably go for mainly cream flowers, one or two red flowers per table, and have navy ribbons to tie it together.

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeeee a venue twin! ? we'll have to let each other know how we're getting on! When are you meeting with the florist? We'll have to go next month now ☹️

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

We're meant to be going at the end of Feb - same day we do our menu tasting but depends on if OH can get day off work.

Have you been to any open days there? We went to the one a week or so back, but wasn't overwhelmed by the centrepieces I have to say! So i'm hoping the florist has a big range to choose from! I know we're definitely going for lots of tealights as love that candlelit look!

How are your plans coming along? I have a first dress shopping session on Sat and also booked our tog last weekend. Looking into hair and make up - all so pricey but may have found one at a good price (Deborah's mobile hair and makeup).

H x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics