Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner April 2013

Table entertainment & quirky ideas

Jade230213, 13 October, 2012 at 18:01 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all, I'm new! - getting married in Feb 2013 & I'd say I was pretty organised with the big things but the little details are scaring me silly! I'm looking for ideas for table entertainment during the meal and other quirky ideas... I've already bought the flip-flops for the girls in the Ladies "because the pretty shoes hurt..." Does anyone have any ideas they could share?

thanks in advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 14 October, 2012 at 00:05
  • K
    Beginner January 2012
    kellouloud ·
    • Hide content

How about some sort of quiz on the tables or nave a raffle ! We're having a guy that draws people's portrayed in a funny way !

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We have social stirrers on our tables- they got people talking when people diddnt know everyone there?

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought these and never used them, , got about 6 boxes in the cupboard ☹️ we had such a t'do with place settings that we sat everyone next to someone they knew.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I had table trivia which was good for people to break the ice. (cheap off ebay)

My brother had a quiz which was great at his wedding, & again got the table working together. Each table were given a list of about 12 questions, all wedding related to different traditions from around the world. People had to guess the answer & the funniest/most accurate table won a prize. Some examples include:

In which country would a groom wear a bargong?

What is the blacken & where does it originate?

A Hindu bride usually wears her wedding ring where?

Welcome to hitched but be warned, its VERY addictive.

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

The one I've just been to had a crossword with questions relating to the bride and groom, and the table that completed it first got a box of chocolates.

• J
    Beginner April 2013
    Jade230213 ·
    • Hide content

What a great idea, wanted something like that but without it being too general weddingy if you know what I mean. Caricature idea is also a great idea... Will have to see if I can find someone to do that!

I found an amazing website - toptableplanner - you can draw your room plan and download your excel speadsheet guest list into it and arrange the guests! £10 for six months use and really worth it! It's made our table plans so easy as you can keep moving people around! Smiley smile

Thanks for the advice - and you're right... This website is addictive!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

There's a free seating planner on the ipad, , we did ours on there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics