Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cache13
Beginner August 2015

Table menus but only one menu?

Cache13, 25 of April of 2015 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 12

I saw a post about table menus recently and it got me thinking. Everyone is having the same at our wedding:

Starter - mozerella tomato and avacado salad

Main - chicken and chorizo paella (vegetable paella for those who indicated veggie on the RSVP)

Dessert - wedding cake

Lots of people in the previous post said they would like to know what they are going to be eating. But is that relevant in my case? It's not like it's a meat or fish or veggie dish, or they've forgotten what they ordered.

12 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 27 of April of 2015 at 16:25
  • Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Everyone is having the same at our wedding too - goats cheese starter, chicken and mushroom sauce or risotto for the veggies, and lemon tart. we are not having menus on the tables as I really don't see the point, it'll be pretty obvious what's on their plate when it arrives!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We didn't even think to tell people what they'd be eating to be honest! Might be nice to tell people, but maybe just under the table plan or something?

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a personal choice. We're having menus because our table name frames are double sided so made sense to put something in there. There isn't a choice but I think it's nice to know what to expect.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a lot of weddings where there is no choice but I quite like knowing what we're going to eat. I suppose it's not essential though so it's up to you if you can be bothered!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Most weddings have a set menu, but table menus are a nice touch. I like them. X

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I like to know, partly so I can plan what wine I'm going to have with each course. My heart would sink at the sight of your starter, but that's due to my fussiness and nothing else.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to know, we had double side cards with table names on one side and the menu on the other side. Many had requested their choice beforehand so knew what was coming, so it was for info.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a little "Thank you" note on our place settings, which will be doubling up as a name card and will have our menu on the back. If we didn't have this I might have just had one on the table. I saw an idea to have one on the wine bottles, which I quite liked. Something a bit different would justify it, IMO, but just giving everyone a menu just for the sake of it isn't necessary Smiley smile

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WWS

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Our guests are pre-ordering so they will have reminders on their favour tags/place name. We will be putting a small notice on the table of what else is available through the evening - icecream bar, chocolate buffet, cheese and biscuits etc.

I would probably like to know what i'm going to be served but it could also mean that anyone who is fussy has time to start making demands of the staff.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Our guests aren't getting a choice either, I've just started writing up a menu board today to stand on an easel cus I figured it'd be nice to show people what they're eating...the previous thread about menus on tables made be a bit argh in case people started fussing (I hadn't thought that people would til I read that :-S)
    , but tbh that's up to them if they do, there's no alternatives!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

We went to view one of our wedding breakfast venue choices on Saturday and they said they would prove print outs of menus, with their own little template.

This is handy for us, as we will be offering three choices of starter and three choices of main - then serving the cake for dessert.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having them, I don't see the point. People can wait a full 10 or so minutes from sitting down to eating to find out what they're having. My biggest worry though is people sitting there talking about what they don't like and already forming a bad impression in their mind, I think it's much better to have a nice surprise when the food comes out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics