Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner November 2012

Table name ideas for a wedding in a brewery

BreweryBride, 28 May, 2012 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi

I'm getting married in November at an old brewery and I'm really struggling to come up with table names other than the obvious different types of beer. Does anyone have any ideas. I was thinking maybe having a 2012 theme and having the tables named after events happening this year such as our wedding day (top table), olympics, european cup, jubilee but I don't have enough for the tables. Can anyone else think of any other events happening this year that are a bit special? Or can anyone think of any quirky ideas for wedding table names for getting married in a brewery that isn't just beer brands.

Thank you in advance for any help/ideas you can give me!

Love

A very confused bride to be! ?

13 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 28 May, 2012 at 22:00
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

2012 events - International Space Station is completed just in time for the end of the world, according to the Mayan calendar. Smiley smile

As for "beer" related names, can you go with things like "hops", "barley", "water" etc, then you could have centrepieces themed around each thing?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Personally I quite like the beer theme to tie in with your venue. FTLOMB idea of the barley, hop etc is a good one or alternativley what about pub names?

The 2012 events is a good one but a lot of that stuff is in the summer, otherwise I was going to suggest types of olympic sports so athletics, volleyball, gymnastics etc but I wonder if by Nov it will be out of peoples minds...

• aliellen30
    Beginner July 2014
    aliellen30 ·
    • Hide content

You could go for Ale's they have some rally funny names and you could use actual bottles as ur table identiciation

even in tesco they have some really funny ones like the fuzzy ferrit hobgoblin etc

i would google Ales and pick the most random ones xx

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Our tables were names after our favorite pubs!

different ales are a great idea, check out 'my brewery tap' website for inspiration!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Yea you get some funny real ale names- Bishops finger is my fav.

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone else, go with Real Ale names - I am sooo loving the idea of a table called "granny wouldn't like it" and "bishops finger". Lots of scope with brewery theme - how about "dray" (as in the horses that used to bring the beer )

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Loving the real ale names...

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm a proper beer fiend so everywhere I go I have to try the local beer. Because of that I would go for beers from areas where we've had brilliant holidays (I'm doing that but with parks for our table names). Still beer brands but would keep the guests guessing as to why you'd chosen them.

Failing that then the ingredients is great or maybe the stages of beer making:

• Malting
    • Brewing
    • Fermenting
    • Bottling
    • Drinking!

Ooh what about taking the 'notes' from your favourite beers so say one has a hint of citrus or cherry or whatever then it would still be a reference ot the beer but more obscure.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

The beer related names that FTLOMB suggested gets my vote, ties in great with your venue and is something different too.

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Sabriel ·
    • Hide content

Just go to your supermarket, you'll likely find Tanglefoot, Fursty Ferret, Waggle Dance, Theakstons old peculiar etc. sorry if I've doubled on names with anyone!

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Oh Sabriel I was going to say Waggle Dance, it's lovely to drink to especially on a day like today.

I like the different beers/ales but I also like the brewing ingedients with table decs to match, that would look great!

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Sabriel ·
    • Hide content

Haha ESW, Waggle Dance is my faaaave! wells also make a Banana Bread ale, it's gorgeous x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

You could try some beer names from The Uley Brewery. Genuinely good beer. I filmed there some years back and was treated to their wares??

http://www.uleybrewery.com/ales.htm

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics