Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2011

Table name ideas?!x

clarem1986, 9 February, 2010 at 12:55

Posted on Planning 43

Hi all, I hope your all well and enjoying planning your day! I am! I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for table names? Rather than table 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. Sorry if there has already been a recent post on this but I couldn't find one! So far my partner has come up with football grounds, but...

Hi all,

I hope your all well and enjoying planning your day! I am!

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for table names? Rather than table 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. Sorry if there has already been a recent post on this but I couldn't find one!

So far my partner has come up with football grounds, but I'd like to avoid anything football related if possible!!

Inspiration would be great! Thanks xx

43 replies

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd go with the New York landmarks. It doesn't matter that someone else has done it, lots of things are done by people at weddings and this is personal to you. If you want it do it! ?

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

I think we're going to go with beach names;

We're getting married next to a beach on the gower peninsula in south wales, So the top table will be Oxwich which is that beach.

We can then go with the other beaches on the pennnisula i.e. Caswell, Rhossili, and for each one i can take a photo, make it black and white and do it aa faded background with photoshop in order to put on the seating charts and table names.?

• fluffymiffy
    Beginner October 2011
    fluffymiffy ·
    • Hide content

We got engaged at a music festival so we are having other festivals were been to x

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

Zippy, I would also go with the New York landmarks.

There are some fantastic ideas on here. I love it when you go to a wedding where the tables are named and mean something to the couple.

• urbanbridesmaid
    urbanbridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

When I got married 5 years ago, I named the tables after different islands of the world, since I lived in St Lucia for 5 years. My idea behind this was that each table would be called to the buffet according to their time zones.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Mine too is football!! OH is a huge Spur's fan so we're having Spur's legends.

I don't mind really as it's OH wedding too and he's not having much say in anything else, lol!

I've told him he's got to do it nicely tho, so he's finding pictures of the player back in the day when they we're playing/managing, their'll all be made blacka nd white and have the name in some kind of fancy writing.

That's the one project i've given him so far and tbh with you, he's loving it, lol!

x

• lizzyleek
    Beginner October 2010
    lizzyleek ·
    • Hide content

I'm not totally sure as to what we are going to do we could just do numbers (no having to think something up and easy)

OH's ideas... United Legends OH is a massive Man U fan or if we win the world cup something world cup related???

I have also thought of names of Roses as There seems to be a theme emerging through my invites, save the dates, bouquet and order of service etc still not sure tho!

I feel like I have so many little things to still think of/ make/order/do etc that I am worried I am going to forget something!

This wedding planning is pretty stressful and nerve racking!!!

x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Grace85 - OK i feel guilty now i said no to football!! I guess he needs to have a say in something....hmmm......

I like your idea about having black and white pictures, this will make it look better...only thing is, my OH supports chelsea and not sure i really want John Terry and Ashley Coles mugs on my wedding tables! he loves boxing too, so maybe i'll let him have famous boxers!

xx

• M
    Beginner
    misswedding ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I wrote a post on my blog which has 100 ideas and lots of people have submitted ideas too.

http://www.littlemisswedding.co.uk/ideas/wedding-table-name-ideas/

I hope that helps

x

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

Our whole day is based on our favourite things so our table names are our favourite films (Guess which are mine ha ha):

Transformers

Moulin Rouge

Breakfast at Tiffanys

Anchor Man

Twighlight

The Hangover

Step Brothers

The Inbetweeners (Top table)

With a picture and a quote from the film as the sign.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics