Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2011

Table names

stressybride, 27 May, 2011 at 16:03 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi guys

with 2 months to go to my wedding I still have no clue what to do about table names.

My partner came up with idea of things that go together i.e the top table would be love and marriage, other ones would be strawberrys and cream, wishes and stars (my favourite one) dancing and moonlight. But that's about as far as we got!! we have 10 tables and we are totally stuck. If anyone has any suggestions I would be so gratefull

14 replies

Latest activity by NikiST, 6 June, 2011 at 16:35
  • Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

As we don't have a 'theme' as such, we're thinking of having each table named after a breakfast item (seeing as it is the Wedding Breakfast!). So potentials include 'The Full English', 'The Fruit Salads', 'The Sausage McMuffins' etc but not sure if that is a bit naff!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Meant to add - i like your idea. Also famous couples could be a good one - Ant & Dec, Bonnie & Clyde, Kylie & Jason etc!! ooh i quite like that idea!

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    Beki<3'sphill ·
    • Hide content

Honestly and loyalty?

forever after?

salt and pepper?

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Im so sorry - totally misread what you were asking for!

How about Chips & Gravy (!) sticking to my food theme!

Actually now i'm trying to think of ones for you it is quite hard!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd get theme from those - they are a little vague (and I don't always think of cream with strawberries, with peaches maybe...). It needs to be a little more defined. If it were applied to my theme, it would be things that go together that are song titles. Maybe without the strawberries one, you've got the "romance" thing going on. Horse and carriage? (That's following the lyrics of Love and Marriage!) and a bit weddingy.

Do you have a theme for any other part of your day?

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

My friend had famous couples (that are still together!) which included fictional characters as well. I thought that was a lovely idea.

I'm naming my tables after who is on them e.g. bridesmaids, oldies, The Browns etc etc etc

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

Wow, this is hard!

Heaven & Earth

Bubble & Sqweak

Bread & Butter

Horse & Carriage

Hide & Seek

Salt & Vinegar

Pick & Mix

Sun & Shine

Kiss & Make-Up

Milk & Shake

Bangers & Mash

Sugar & Spice

Gin & Tonic

Ying & Yang

Lock & Key

Hope that helps (p.s. I did have a little help!)

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Hi stressybride,

We actually have a calendar called 'his n hers' and each month has 'things that go together'....

They are:

champagne and bubbles

love and chocolate

dancing and moonlight

hearts and flowers

romance and Paris

stepping stones and chivalry

harry and sally

strawberries and cream

wishes and stars

Venice and gondolas

snuggles and cuddles

mistletoe and kisses

Hope that helps ?

Kerri

x

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

Champagne & Strawberries Bread and wine Cheese and port Pralines and cream I like my food :-)

• hope4love
    hope4love ·
    • Hide content

Well i am planning on having all of our tables to be named after Disney films. after all they were what i watched when i was growing up! my favourite was beauty and the beast so that will be mine and my partners wedding table name. so i suggest you think of all of your favourite movies and name the tables after them. i have 13 tables so its a very difficult task but if i can't find all names for them tables i will have to do my favourite movies not just disney ones.

x

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This website should help http://www.disneymovieslist.com/disney-movies.asp

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a christmassy winter wedding so probably have the names of the reindeer Smiley smile not sure what else . I like the ideas of stars and wishes .... you could have hopes and dreams? Hearts and Bows? Rainbows and butterflys ? Sunshine haze and Winter cuddles ? Trust and Honesty ? Dance and sing? Love and live? ... I like the idea of words that are happy and inspirational. You could google inspirational words.

Poeple have alsorts of different names, ive seen people have favourite shows such as cats, oliver etc... or films, couples, colours, flowers or places that relate to you and H2B like places you have been ... foods you like ... books you read .... pet names Smiley winking .

Hope this helps xxx

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

We are calling ours after names of Oasis songs. We are big fans (H2B the biggest) and wonderwall (ryan adams version) is our first song

The top table will be wonder wall and some others will be Rock & Roll star, roll with it, stand by me, etc

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Given that our wedding is in the New Forest, we've named our tables after trees, starting with Oak for the top table (being the typical 'english' tree), with Sycamore, Beech, Pine, Ash and Elm for the wb.

We haven't yet decided if we're going to "name" the evening guest tables, as it's a 'sit where you like' effort, but if we do they'll probably be other New Forest related things such as fox, badger, pony, deer etc. Probably not use "cattle grid" though...

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

We're having aspects of a marriage; Love, Honesty, Respect, Friendship, Loyalty.. etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics