Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

Table Names - Album covers???

(Claire), 12 November, 2010 at 11:17 Posted on Planning 0 3

On a recent DTTB they had album covers as table names which I thought was very cool and fitted well with there theme of "rock and roll", I am considering doing the same, but with U2 album covers as both me and OH are huge U2 fans and have incorporated some of there music into our wedding, ie for the first dance, possibly walking out to the church to one of there tracks.... anyway... the thing that is niggling more than anything is that my theme is very classic, all whites and creams, centre peices are tall vases filled with roses, do you think the album covers would look out of place? Should I go for something a bit more sophisticated?

3 replies

Latest activity by (Claire), 12 November, 2010 at 11:38
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

No i dont think it matters- its more of a talking point rather than a matching thing if you see what i mean. We are having photographs of places in Auckland NZ (OH is kiwi) with a little something about them on the back and these certainly dont match our theme, but i like it and thats all that matters. If you want it then have it. Id hate to think i didnt have something just because it didnt match the colours. Go for it i say, it is all about you and your OH afterall ?

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all,

You could maybe have them in Black and White? We are going to have our table names named after places of New York (this is where we got engaged) and our table plan will be of New York and then were hoping to have place cards with facts of New York, i.e. if table is named Central Park then a little fact file about New York. Am still debating whether to have the names in Black and White myself as our colour scheme is Pink and Purple x

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Definately, its your wedding, make it as personal to you both as possible!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice ladies. I think your definitely right about going with something we want rather than having something that fits with the theme, its adding our stamp to it that makes it unique. I think I've got most of the covers aswell, but Im not sure what condition they are in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics