Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2014

table names for a Christmas or winter theme

Leanne86C, 21 of March of 2014 at 16:00 Posted on Planning 1 12

Hi, I'm getting married at the end of November and we are stuck on table names, even something a little different would be good, we don't really want reindeers or carols though. We've got 9 tables including the top table and I can't even think of that many winter flowers! Can anyone help? Thank you x (the theme colour is burgundy if that helps)

12 replies

Latest activity by HeavyMetalMaiden, 22 of March of 2014 at 09:38
  • F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

Traditional wintry puddings - mice pies, christmas pudding, stollen, apple crumble, sticky toffee pudding, yule log, blackforest gauteu, sherry trifle etc

Festive drinks - mulled wine, spiced cider, kir royale, eggnog etc

A play on the twelve days of Christmas (even if you don't need them all) - a partridge in a pear tree, two turtle doves, three french hens, etc.

Winter woolies - wellies, scarf, gloves, bobble hat, festive jumper, onesie, etc

Festive film titles

Winter sports - skiing, sledging, skating, curling, snowboarding etc

Hope that prompts some ideas for you.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Erm flowers... ivy, winter rose, snowdrop, holly, misletoe, wintersweets, poinsettia, christmas cactus, stuck for one more maybe cyclamen?

Maybe christmas pantomines like snow white, mother goose, cinderella, aladdin, babes in wood, puss in boots etc

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I've been having the same thoughts about our December wedding.

Alas a lot of the winter flowers don't exactly have good table name appeal once you've got poinsettia, holly and mistletoe out of the way!

I'm sort of thinking about these as I go along, so may not be good (!) but what about:

- Different winter/ Christmas food or drink: Mulled wine/ Baileys/ Advocaat/ Champagne (top table) or Mince pies/ turkey/ pigs in blankets (ok perhaps not the last!)
    - Christmas chocolates: eg matchmakers/ chocolate orange/ ferrero rocher - you could then decorate each table with the named choc.
    - People who've had Christmas number ones (although I'd suggest avoiding Mr Blobby!)
    - Christmas decorations: tinsel/ holly/ mistletoe/ baubles/ crackers
    - Titles of or Characters from Christmas films: Elf/ Miracle on 42nd St ... ok I'm struggling with this one but you get the idea
    - Random wintery things!
    - And finally, left field non Christmassy but since your colour theme is burgundy - different types of red wine, and make the top table Burgundy

At least you have a while to decide, so no huge panic! Good luck coming up with something.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i think F&G Bride's idea is a really good one that could work quite nicely ;-)

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    Snowrose ·
    • Hide content

We got married in December last year and had the 12 days of Christmas (we had twelve tables, so worked perfectly but I don’t think it matters if you don’t use them all).

My clever husband designed the table plan to be like a large advent calendar but with only 12 windows of course – it looked amazing and everyone loved it.

I love the Christmassy pudding/sweets idea though!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Christmas films?

elf

miracle on 34th street

the santa clause

the muppets christmas carol

scrooged

santa claus the movie

home alone

the polar express

white christmas

or christmas number ones?

it's christmas time

misteltoe and wine

fairytale of new york

etc... you get the idea ?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Personally I wouldn't do Christmas as for me November is too early unless the venue will be fully dressed for Christmas. I'd go for the winter theme. Do you have a theme that could influence what would fit. Is there anything that you share as a common interest.

• L
    Beginner November 2014
    Leanne86C ·
    • Hide content

Some great ideas here, thanks all. Yes the venue will be fully decorated for Christmas. I'm a bit worried that going for something other than Christmas or winter will look a bit out of place?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You could just go for numbers. Often people now pick numbers that mean things to the couple, eg birthday, date you met, or how about precious stones, diamond, ruby, sapphire, etc. or rather than names you could have pictures such as a Christmas tree, bauble, tinsel, stocking, roaring fire, perhaps.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

You could nick some names from the Xmas/winter Yankee candles? Maybe even light some of their tealights to make an awesime yet subtle smell. Im considering a couple smelly candles to make the room that little more aesthetically pleasing (just not too close to the food)!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics