Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AmyLovesPaul
Beginner May 2011

Table names........Advice please lovely ladies!

AmyLovesPaul, 15 August, 2010 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 20

Now i have been thinking about this for a while and ideas have come and gone......

One idea was cadbury cholcolate names as i am having Cadbury Purple theme but my MIL2B said it was tacky.. Another was places we had been, but we've only been on holiday a couple of times and have 5/6 tables to name! Another idea was to use things from where we got engaged....but that was CUBA, but not main land, we went to cayo coco....so we didnt even go to havanna etc....so we are a bit stumped there....

My latest idea is flower names....from the table decs and bouquets.....let me know what you think of these:

Aliums, Delphiniums, Germini, Hydrangeas, Lisianthus, Rose, Peonies, Sweet Pea, Veronica.

I'm not keen on having a picture of the flower with the table name thou, just the word.... ? I'm not sure if its going to confuse people?

20 replies

Latest activity by AmyLovesPaul, 17 August, 2010 at 17:21
  • woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

I'm having cadbury's purple too, for what it's worth I love your original idea of naming tables after cabury's chocolates. I like it better than anything else you've mentioned, I would ignore MIL2B and go with it.

If we were having a bigger wedding I would seriously be thinking of pinching your idea!

x

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea!! i like that!

My OH didnt like the chocolate theme....?

Will look into that properly, some of them aren't on that web site, shouldnt be too hard to find them!!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto - I love the chocolate bar names idea - plus I don't think it's tacky. It's different sure, but I think it falls under the 'fun' category xx

• C
    Beginner October 2010
    cannotbelieveit ·
    • Hide content

That's a bit rude of your mil2b to say the chocolate name idea was tacky! It would have been better of her to provide a different idea instead.

You say you went to cuba, are there any other countries you have been on holiday to? You could then name a table after each country you have visited.

Alternatively, my BM went to a wedding recently where the bride and groom had the same number of tables as years they had been together. They therefore named each table a year. Their table was 2010. On each table they had a photo of them together taken in the relevant year.

Good luck

• nicky1980
    Beginner February 2011
    nicky1980 ·
    • Hide content

Or how about having you both as the theme so the tables link to you both - maybe one could be Cuba with a holiday pic of you, it could be a band you'be been to see, favourite place may be, H2B football / rugby team, things you like to do together??? I do like the chocolate theme though and it fits in with your theme.

I'm not sure if its a good idea or not but would be really personal! We're using grandparents and parents wedding pictures plus a few extra close relatives and friends and we're going to try and match the tables to people on them - his dad's side will sit on his paternal grandparents table and ther same for my dad's family etc.

Good Luck!

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Morning

dont ask why but at work last night i started thinking of this thread and what you could do???!! (im a therapist, so not much else to do while massaging a back-have planned out my whole wedding in there!!)

anyway-instead of names why not special numbers on each table?? eg, your birthdays, when you met, your fisrt date/kiss/when you moved in together??YOUR WEDDING DAY!! either have the dates written in calligraphy or roman numerals etc etc

xx

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I love the chocolate idea and as favours you could have mini choc bars of the table namesake!!

x

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I personally love the chocolate theme and that would be perfect for me too!

My brother had Places but these weren't just holidays, they were just random places they'd been... the top table was named after their work as this is where they met and where he asked her out on their first date! The others were holidays, homes or special places like "Rome" (where they got engaged) "Rugby" (where they live) etc... I think that's well thought out and really romantic

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Ohh no, I love the chocolate names, I think that's a fab idea. You could even choose the different chocolates to have as your favours! x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I must admit, I love the idea of chocolate names myself and having chocolate bars as the favours is just brilliant.

I think its fab.

If you dont like that though then what we did was to name our tables after places in Mexico where we were going on Honeymoon. Didnt turn out quite right as we ended up in Mauritius as Katrina hit Mexico on our Wedding Day but it was fun none the less.

Nat

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

If not flowers, how about naming the tables after different shades of purple?

hades_of_purple">https://color.fandom.com/wiki/CategorySmiley atonishedhades_of_purple

xxx

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I would ignore the MIL2b and go with the chocolate idea. It's brilliant! And the mini chocolate bars as favours is just genius!

Our tables are being named after various Science Fiction and Fantasy things we both love. We've taken things from Star Trek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, LOTR, Star Wars - you get the idea. We're massive geeks though and a love of sci-fi is what got us together so it fits us very well!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

We ended up going for our favourite restaurants, ones that meant something to us or we'd been to obviously on dates etc. We had 13 tables to name! You'd think you'd struggle to think of that many but it's surprising how many you remember when you actually think about it and include some from your holidays, etc. Made it a bit more personal to us too, e.g. we had the top table named after the first ever restaurant we went to on a date.

Obviously we had to leave out the likes of Nando's etc though ? unfortunate as I'm a sucker for peri-peri!

I think the chocolate idea is good as it ties in with your theme, but I also think it's nice when the names link back to the couple in some way. It's just what you can agree on, and what you can think of!

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

I'm all for the chocolate names idea too.

But if OH does not like it then you may have to go with the flowers one instead. Adding a meaning of the flower sounds nice too.

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I like the flower names, but you need to lose the plurel. It sounds much more classy to just be Hydrangea.

If you go for the chocolate names, I'd use old classic, extinct names of the chocolates that were around when you was a child, but are no longer about.

• leiastevens
    Beginner June 2011
    leiastevens ·
    • Hide content

There are so many things you could choose!

We are having song titles, then a few lyrics so it would look abit like this with colours in portrait A4:

"Endless Love"

"My love, there's only you in my life"

We were going to do 'sweeties' like a 'smarties' table and a 'marshmallow table' and have the favours as said sweets, but ended up being a bit of a fuss!

You could have memories you have together, places you have seen, movies you like, famous couples names, My friend had disney couples! others i have seen have been table centres of the flower, rather than a picture or card which was a nice touch, but i'd never seen an anenome before so couldnt find my seat lol

Another i have seen and liked was a 'positive working' theme, like 'love' 'peace' 'togetherness' etc, though bit fluffy maybe?

One couple my H2B knows are avid sporty types and named thier tables after things they did/wanted to do like bungie jumping, but i didnt go so not sute how this translated.

Hope you come up with something you love! xx

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the idea of the 'each year we've been together' because we will have been together 6 years and will have 6 tables including the top table!! (which would be 2011!!)

?Thank yo so much ladies, i will have a research into the flower meanings as a back up in case we cant find a photo for each year.... i'm sure we will!!

Only 9 months to go!!!! ?

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

These are the ones i have found:

Alium, Strength

Delphinium, Big-hearted, fun.

Hydrangea, Thank you for understanding, frigidity, heartlessness, heartless. ?

Rose, I love you, I still love you, new love.

Peonie, Bashfulness, shame, happy life, happy marriage, good health, prosperity. Associated with the twelfth wedding anniversary.

Sweet Pea, Lasting pleasure, good-bye, departure, blissful pleasure, thank you for a lovely time, I think of you.

Veronica, Fidelity.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics