Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2014

Table place setting name help for unknown guest

future.mrs.c, 16 of May of 2014 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone.

Im still not sure if my dad will be at my wedding. He has said if he does come he will need a carer to come with him. However he will not know the name of this person as it depends on who's on duty.

So the question is what do I put on the table plan and place setting? Really struggling with this one. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

4 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 19 of May of 2014 at 12:47
  • Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't put anything. If your tables hold 8, just have 7 names listed on the plan for that table and ask whoever is setting up your room to leave the space next to your dad without a place card.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Depending on what you're doing, could you just have a blank one to fill in on the day?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

How far in advance do you need to prepare/print your table plan/place settings? Most care agencies and homes will set their rotas at least couple of weeks in advance., will this give you time? If you need longer, perhaps you could contact them and ask, if you explain why you are asking they may be prepared to designate a specific person to your Dad on that day in advance. Especially if there is a carer your Dad particularly likes. If not I think it is acceptable to ask the venue to keep a setting clear and with no name card, or listing on the seating plan. I'm sure a professional would understand. We were in this situation with my Granddad, but his health has deteriorated since then and although he still might be at the church, he definitely won't make it to the reception.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't put anything either, it will be obvious when there's a space next to your dad who it will be for. Care staff can change up to that day so I wouldn't go to the hassle of finding out their name.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics