Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2013

Table plan and guests pulling out last minute!!

BrogstarBride, 5 of August of 2013 at 10:48 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have just ordered our table plan and I have told the printers to hold off printing it for a few weeks because I have had a guest say she might not be able to come due to a family issue, and that would mean either she and son wouldn't come, or even she and whole family wouldn't come which is a whole table. So my question is what happens if you have your table plan printed and last minute someone or a few people can't come?! I've now realised this could happen and I'm not sure what would happen?!

x

9 replies

Latest activity by blondejenius, 5 of August of 2013 at 18:47
  • Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

We've just had to suck it up. One of our friends is supposed to be coming from the States but recently lost his job and he STILL hasn't confirmed whether he can actually make it or not...OH won't let me take him off the list just in case he can come, but we probably won't know until the week before.

Also, OHs sister is having an operation a few days before the wedding so, depending on how she feels, might not be able to make it.

It'll leave us out of pocket (we still have to fork out for them just in case) but- unfortunately- life just throws curveballs at you sometimes!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

You just have to pick a day and draw a line. No one will know or care on the day and the venue will remove and re-jig place settings to make it look ok.

My sister had a few maybe ones 2 weeks ago and one no show. No one noticed.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

That was one of the reasons as to why we DIY'ed it - my sister had that happen to her - a few tables without people and some people turning up who said they couldn't make it so, on the day, she delegated a friend to manage the 'spaces' - slotting people into tables that hadn't been assigned already. I was still making changes to the table plan the night before the wedding! As LP said, just pick a date & draw the line there, no-one will notice.

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    BrogstarBride ·
    • Hide content

Even if its a whole table not coming?! X

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'd pick a date - as advised, and get it printed up.

If on the day the whole table don't come the venue will be able to remove it (or not set it up if you know beforehand). Yes that table will still me stated on the table plan, but doubt anyone will notice, they'll just find their name and and off they go to their table!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

The venue should rejigg the settings, whether just a couple, or a whole table. If they don't do it unprompted, I would definitely prompt them - as I guest, I do so anyway, nothing worse than having empty seats around tables.

As for how your table plan looks, really don't worry. People look only for their own names. They are unlikely to notice that their table is missing anyone (providing the place settings are removed), unless they personally know that person (in which case, they will already know of their absence?). I actually think a whole table listed on your plan but missing from the room would be even less noticeable.

• Augustwedding13
    Beginner August 2013
    Augustwedding13 ·
    • Hide content

We have had the same problem. We have ordered table plan and had it printed off and a couple now say that they are unable to attend.

We are just going to let the hotel know the names of the people not attending and ask them not to set their name place out and hopefully no one will notice the names on the table plan ( : xx

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    smudge25 ·
    • Hide content

I have been thinking about this too, I am going to DIY My table plan as I picked up a pin board for £1.50 and an easel for £2 at the boot sale yesterday... not quite sure how I am going to do it yet though!

• B
    Beginner January 2015
    blondejenius ·
    • Hide content

This happened to a friend of mine. They had 6 or 7 people pull out the night before/on the day. Her mum rang round a few people who were coming to the evening only and asked them if they could come for the full day instead. Not sure what she did about the table plan, but I think she just told them who they were replacing. Don't know if that would work, but at least you don't waste the spaces that you have paid for. Depends really on the people you choose, some would probably be delighted to be 'promoted' to a day guest, but some might be upset that they weren't invited to the day in the first place.

• B
    Beginner January 2015
    blondejenius ·
    • Hide content

Now I'm thinking about how this would work for ours. I think I am going to order some blank place cards just in case, and depending on what sort of paper we have the table plan printed on, maybe some little stickers to replace names at the last minute if needed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics