Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ohwhatatuesday
Beginner May 2014

Table plan - opinions and suggestions needed pls!

Ohwhatatuesday, 22 of April of 2014 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 21

I'm struggling with my table plan a bit and would really appreciate some opinions and suggestions. Each table is going to be a Polaroid photo of the table name written in the sand with people's names written in the white space underneath.

I thought as it's Polaroid style and quite informal maybe I could just pin them on a noticeboard, but I've tried it and I'm not sure it works. I've also tried putting patterned paper behind it but this seems to detract from the polaroids a bit and be a bit much together.

Here's some pics I've tried out. The board is too small and the test pics aren't great (the will be guillotined properly and printed properly as my ink was running out) so I wonder whether the noticeboard thing will work once it's done properly? Or should I back it on something else and if so has anyone got any ideas on what could work? I definitely want each table to be a Polaroid.

Thanks in advance.

21 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 23 of April of 2014 at 10:41
  • Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Could you mount them all in a big frame to give it more 'finish'? Or maybe use individual frames? Great idea by the way.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsBuckleytoBe ·
    • Hide content

How about something like this? Bit of twine and mini pegs?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Anyway you could pin some string on to the sides and have little mini pegs with the polaroids on?

Like this :

Or have it in a big frame?

I really like your 2nd pic as well but I do feel there's something missing from it, such a lovely idea as well!

• k.j.w
    Beginner June 2017
    k.j.w ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above post...pegging the pics to some twine/string etc

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all - the pegs/string was another idea I had before the noticeboard (I even have the pegs and string!) but the problem then is what to back it with? Brown paper looked a bit plain and patterned paper was looking too 'much' with the photos (like in the pic I posted above)

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Rather than patterned paper have you tried just coloured paper, maybe a blue to contrast with the sandy colour?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You've hit the nail on the head here - I like it but there's definitely something missing! Just unsure of what to put in the background otherwise?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Could you maybe scatter some little love hearts or something in between all the pics and glue them wherever you want so it's not too plain but gives a little detail?

Or have some mini bunting like in one of the pics above?

Did you try the pegs string & pics with the patterned paper? ?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Seen a couple of pics on pinterest that looked quite cute, seen the little dropping beads (proper technical term ? ) and flowers n thought might give you some ideas, theres some nice ones on pinterest if you want a gander Smiley laugh

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No only patterned paper with them laying directly on it cos in my head I thought it would look the same on string but maybe if it's further away it might work better. The bunting/love hearts/generally more decoration is a good idea too, maybe I'll play around with it a bit once I have the proper photos/a bigger board. Maybe I'll try a big frame too and see how it works. Gah! I wish I was more crafty!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Ooh striped paper might work! Excellent thanks MM3 - because I was struggling to find backing paper I kind of stopped looking, but I'll go back to pinterest and have a look and a few more goes. Thanks for the advice all

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I wish I was more crafty too haha I don't know how you have the patience, i'd be hopeless trying anything like that Smiley smile

Hopefully you'll find something perfect, keep us updated with how you get on and of course flash ?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think my lack of patience is my problem sometimes! and I've got to a bit of a 'fvck it' stage with a lot of things! Will try some more stuff out this weekend and see how it goes!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I would go stringy hangy with contrasting paper- the stripes MM3 posted look good!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheers lovely, yep I agree those pics look fab - I'll be on the hunt for striped/bold patterned paper/wall paper tomorrow!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Try clintons / paperchase I used wrapping paper for mine Smiley smile

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh I didn't think of wrapping paper - thanks!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

No problem! The single sheets you can get are good quality / thickness- I wouldn't pay a couple of quid for one to wrap a present in but didn't mind so much for the table plan! (-the fact I ended up with about half a dozen is irrelevant Smiley winking )

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! I need very little excuse to buy pretty paper from paperchase ;-)

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Hey DCM, not sure if you have come up with the answer this weekend?

A couple of ideas i've seen (and considered) were

glue sand onto backing (plenty of tutorials online)

or use burlap to cover the backing with

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Cheers goldpants - nope not sorted yet - I've worked out who's sitting where and what polaroids we''re using but not how to display them! Burlap would look fab but is quite expensive. I live the idea of sand - can only imagine the mess I'd make though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics