Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

vintageangel
Beginner October 2011

table plan rough draft :S

vintageangel, 31 August, 2011 at 18:44 Posted on Planning 0 3

Tonight's job to tick off my list is a rough draft of table plan... i can see it being a headache! Why cant everyone just get on!! My mum and Dad have been seperated for about 22years and get on fine now, his parents on the other hand total opposite, his Dad doesn't want to sit on top table, his step dad is moaning because his wife (Oh's Mum) wont be sat with him....ahhhhh!!!

So how have you done it?....traditional top table? keeping friends/family together or mixing them up a bit?

3 replies

Latest activity by alocin88, 31 August, 2011 at 19:15
  • November11bride
    Beginner December 2011
    November11bride ·
    • Hide content

My parents are still together, and h2b parents have both passed away. H2b has 2 children, a son who who is best man, and a daughter i have met once. Ihave 4 children, 2 daughters both bridesmaids, and 2 sons who are both 'giving me away' and i have a granddaughter who will be my flowergirl

on the top table (long table) will be myself, h2b, h2b son, my sons, my daughters and my granaddaughter

on the next table (circular) will be my mum my dad, partner of my daughters, the plus 1's of my sons if they bring one, and the plus one of h2b son if he brings one, and h2b daughter and her boyfriend

then i will mix everyone else up on the remaining 4 tables, family friends his mine etc etc

doesnt really help you though sorry ?

• vintageangel
    Beginner October 2011
    vintageangel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, no its good to see how everyone is doing it.

Also another question...if you have children where are they sitting?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

My parents are divorced but in new relationships so there's ten of us on the top table. We've got the traditional best man and CBM at each end, then one set of my parents next in, then my b2b's parents split either side of us and finally us in the middle. It seems to work ok for us.

We've laid out the tables and tried to keep groups together so there's like a group of her friends, a group of my friends, we each have a work colleagues table, and families etc together.

We did think of mixing everyone up but decided against it in the end. This is the current result, awaiting one name still to be confirmed and hooping that people don't start dropping out in the last couple of weeks.

As for people not getting on, I'm firmly of the opinion that if they can't put their differences aside for one day - your special day - then don't bother turning up, if your feud is more important than our happiness.

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

We are just having round tables.

On our table we are having Bride, Groom, Mother of Bride, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Grandad, Grandma, My Uncle, OH Aunt & Uncle.

The bridesmaids (my nieces) and page boy (OH nephew) are sitting with their parents and the Best Man & his wife.

Children are sitting with their parents on the various tables.

Not sure that helps you though!! Have you thought about not having a traditional top table and having each set of prents effectively hosting their own table?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics