Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2012

Table Plan wording help needed, please

LeicesterBride, 6 of August of 2012 at 13:43 Posted on Planning 0 5

We've decided to allocate our guests a table, but not to use placecards. We think this adds to the relaxed/informal nature of the day.

However, we're not sure if the absence of placecards will just mean that people will be confused and unsure of what to do, or whether it'll just be plainly obvious that they can sit where they like.

What do you think?

If you think it'll be confusing, we're still not going with placecards but thought we could write something on the table plan to indicate that they can choose where they seat on their alloted table...but how do we word this? Any ideas gratefully received ?

Thank you in advance,

LB x

5 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 6 of August of 2012 at 22:08
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I think people would be quick to realise there were no placecards and just sit anywhere. But alternatively you could write a note at the bottom of the table plan or on each table saying 'please choose your own seat'

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would put a note on each table. If you put it at the bottom of the table plan, people might ignore the fact that they have an allocated table.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you - good point!

Actually, we've nominated a friend to be master of ceremonies (well, to let people know that we'd like them to take ther seats) so we could just ask him to mention it, I guess...? Might this be the easiest way to solve the problem?!

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Yeah maybe a bit more info if it's on the plan, perhaps 'we have assigned you a table, but please feel free to choose your own seat'.

I think I'd be tempted just to have place names though tbh, saves confusion!

• R
    Beginner July 2013
    Rachel88 ·
    • Hide content

My sister did this as she says most weddings that she has been at people move them around their table to sit beside whoever they want. It wasn't any hassle at all...i think people just realised that they could sit on which ever seat at that table. It also saved her the hassle and the cost of having to make them. Im not sure yet what il do because i always like to take my wee place card home lol!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My friend did this at her wedding a couple of months ago. Had table plan but no designated seats. As far as I know nobody got confused & everyone just sat where they chose on the table. I kind of think you'd automatically guess you just sit anywhere on that table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics