Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hugo Brambles
Beginner August 2002

Table Planner - quick question!

Hugo Brambles, 15 December, 2009 at 11:38 Posted on Planning 0 5

I plan on having our names/date at the top of the planner then on the one's I've seen they have the top table table lengthways underneath this and then the other tables underneath that, something like this one

The query I have is we're not having a tradtional 'long' top table, we're just having another round table the same as the other guests but having the traditional guests on it (me, oh, mum, dad, inlaws, best man etc). So would you display the top table lengthways as above in the picture or would you have it the same size rectangle as the other tables? I'm swaying towards having it the same size as the other tables and ours being called Table One but having said there are 6 other tables so having the display set out as above would be astheticaly pleasing!!

5 replies

Latest activity by Hugo Brambles, 16 December, 2009 at 09:18
  • Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hugo, maybe you could do something like below if that's how the tables will be laid out in the room. Apologies for the bloody awful paint, trying to do this at work without people looking (honestly, normally I'm quite good!) ?

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Hello HB! I think I'd go for same size square but just have it on a line on its own - so same layout as above but without the long rectangle.

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

No that looks good Joanne, can't have round things though and I've no idea how they will be set out in the room so don't want to confuse people if the layout isn't how the venue will do it.

Thanks BSB - that doesn't look as even though but I know it makes sense to do that!

Umm...unless I have it on it's side and have our names across the top still, then 3 tables then 4 underneath?

Bloody hell, just got an email quote back from a picture framers and they want £30 to provide the 'mount' with the holes cut out of it (which is what I wanted to do as oppose to sticking the tables on the front)!!! Blinking heck!!

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, me again! You could do the same with rectangles too (thinks that's what we'll be doing although we are having a long top table).

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I'd do it the same as the picture. It's not representing the actual table layout as lots of people have them like that but actually have round tables. You're just telling people what table to sit on and TBH - people don't look at the top table on the table plan cos they're too busy trying to find where to sit themselves ?

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks GB, I've had a think and I think I will do it as the picture. I keep coming back to it as its the best looking layout!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics