Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missdeedee
Beginner April 2010

Tableplan and place names

missdeedee, 6 April, 2010 at 10:53 Posted on Planning 0 9

Apologies, I know someone posted this just a couple of weeks ago, but I can't find the post!

What are you doing with names in terms of the tableplan and the name places? Are you putting full names of the plan, so for example – Brad Pitt and are you doing the place names the same or just Brad? What are you doing for your Gran etc? Full name on plan and then Gran on place name or keep it consistent?

9 replies

Latest activity by Frizzball, 6 April, 2010 at 19:30
  • Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought too much about this, but I'd be inclined to probably just go with full name on both, for ease and also consistency. It's obviously more formal that way I think, but probably easier too I think? OH and I both have 1 Grandad each, so rather than put Grandad and risk confusing which one's which, I'd imagine it's easier to just have their actual name.

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

We are matching it with what we put in the invites, so peoples full names as our invites came from my parents and were quite formal. Will do the same for Grandparents to, it will be there full names.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I'm having full names (first and surname) on the table plan to make it easier for people to find their table but on the name cards i'm having their known-by name. i.e. we call one of our friends by his surname so his placecard will have that written on it.

If there's 2 David's sat on the same table then i'm sure they can work it out whicih seat is for them judging by who they're sat next to (their other-half) and even if they end up sat in a slightly different seat than I planned, it doesn't matter.

I send birthday cards through the post addressed to "Grandma" so will be using that on her name card ?

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking full names on the tableplan, but even on our invites, we sent them to Nan or Gran (Surname) which is the only thing I ever call them by.

I think I might go full name on the table plan though and then less formal on the place names. The only thing is, our venue is doing our actual table plan and place names, so Im not sure if it would be easier in that case to make them both the same??

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

I've got first names only on the place cards, but will be putting full names (well first name and surname, not middle names lol!) on the table planner. We have so many doubles of names it's really funny! 4 Richards is the most!

I don't think it'd be a problem with the venue if you want to do it that way.

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

It should be full name on the table plan, but either full or first name on the actual table.

If it is a formal wedding it should be full names on both...

xx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

We've got full names on the placecards and table plan. For the bridal party I've put 'Mother of the Bride', 'Best Man' etc on the placecards.

Hope you get it sorted.

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies. We're not having a super formal wedding, I think full name on plan and first name or Nan etc on place names.

• Frizzball
    Beginner October 2010
    Frizzball ·
    • Hide content

Im going to put full name on the table plan but 1st name or relationship on place cards

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics