Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2017

Tactfully cancel makeup?

LuxuriousGreenDecor728, 16 of January of 2017 at 20:34 Posted on Planning 0 2

I could really use some advice. I went for a makeup trial with a lady I found online. At the time I thought she did a pretty good job. But when I got home I didn't feel the "wow" feeling. My partner was like, it doesn't look like she's done much (from the man who hates loads of make up this is a big statement) So I've booked another trial, I already feel from her photos she'll be what I'm looking for. But how do I tactfully tell the first lady I don't need her?

2 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 18 of January of 2017 at 11:06
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I was in the exact same situation, not once but twice! Both ladies were lovely, but neither got it right- one left me feeling like a painted clown, the other I didn't feel I had enough on.... unfortunately with both ladies I felt 'pressured' into booking them at the trial, and afterwards wished I'd stuck to my original plan to 'live with it' for the day before confirming- that way I could have just not got back to them!!

As it was, despite even paying a deposit to reserve my date with one, I decided that it was way too important to be happy with my make up to 'settle' for either when I wasn't happy, so I simply e-mailed them and said that unfortunately due to a change in circumstances I was sorry but that I would have to cancel.... I gave no other explanation and though I felt a bit guilty for using an e-mail cop-out, I also felt relieved once I'd cancelled!

One replied saying she was sorry and hoped everything was OK and wishing me well, the other (the one I hadn't paid a deposit to) didn't even bother to acknowledge my message. Oh, and no, I didn't get my deposit back, but it was only £20 and I didn't actually ask for it!

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you could say that you're having to make some cut backs to save money and the make up is one of them. If you email, you don't have to go into why you are making savings. I'm a wimp at doing this stuff so always hide behind an email!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

As a supplier I would prefer if you just came out and said it, "thank you for your help but I wont be using your service".

If you say "unfortunately due to a change in circumstances I was sorry but that I would have to cancel...."

The supplier is then thinking that you have split up or there has been a bereavement which is why you got this concerned reply

saying she was "sorry and hoped everything was OK" and wishing me well.

If you say that you are having to make some cut backs to save money then the supplier could be wasting their and your time by looking into ways that they can offer you a lower price.

There is no need to beat about the bush and it is better for all if you just come out and say it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics