Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2022 West Midlands

Taking dried flowers from uk to France

Keely, 10 of January of 2022 at 16:56 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2
Hi. I am wanting to take my own dried flowers, including pampas, palms, grasses etc in our car on the ferry over to France so I don't have to sort out a florist.

I know you can't take live plants or soil, seeds etc. But nowhere can I find if dried flowers and leaves are acceptable? Many thanks.. xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by Tamsin, 11 of January of 2022 at 09:38
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would say it is likely a no as even if dried there could still be seeds inside. Most border controls class real/dried as the same thing and possible contamination risk, advice isoming from my OH who is ex border force. He did say on ferry is highly unlikely they would stop and search and as we left EU rules may have changed but is still a risk can you maybe see if you can source in county?
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Sadly I would suspect it’s not allowed either. Seeds, pests, and diseases are all meant to be kept out. Could you try growing some here to dry and use? I’m doing my own flowers and I’ve actually bought a small eucalyptus tree to use the foliage because it’s cheaper than buying stems of eucalyptus. Good luck with finding a suitably priced solution!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics