Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clare _ M
Beginner July 2007

Taking pain killers through airport security.

Clare _ M, 2 June, 2009 at 12:21 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

Do they need to be kept in their box or can I just take the sheet they come on? I need to take a load of tablets with me on a flight tomorrow and don't really want to take the boxes if I don't have to because they're huge!! I'm sure it's fine but it's not something I've had to do before.

Thanks.

8 replies

Latest activity by memedoaky, 3 June, 2009 at 01:14
  • SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

I've never had a problem taking sleeping pills through security. Do they have to be in your hand luggage, though?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

I don't bother taking boxes. I don't even always have the stips either, which I know I should do really, rather than just my dosette box. I make sure I take a repeat prescription form as that has my name, address, DOB, doctors details and drugs listed.

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

Actually, I did take the boxes to NYC last year but they were flattened and all held together with an elastic band.

• Clare _ M
    Beginner July 2007
    Clare _ M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, they should be fine then. I'm sure they've got what they are written on the sheet. (Well I hope so because I'm not sure I can remember which is which!)

Sophie, it's a 10 hour flight so will need some on me and if I pop them out I'm likely to loose them.

• MD
    Beginner
    MD ·
    • Hide content

I've found different airports want different things - I usually take the front bit of the box with my name, address and GP details on.

• T
    Beginner October 2008
    tumbleweed ·
    • Hide content

As far as I can make out it's only liquids they're interested in (unless you're talking illegal stuff ....) I had my bag turned over a couple of weeks ago when I went on a lads weekend to Portugal - soo embarassing. Control freak that I am I even had an emergency dental kit with me. Security wanted to know if there was liquid in a tiny, tiny bottle. I did however have loads of alka seltzer and painkiller type stuff that they didn't even look at.

• Champagne
    Beginner June 2007
    Champagne ·
    • Hide content

I've never had a problem and nearly always cram a variety of drugs into one box in just their foil strips - painkillers, contraception, imodium, travel tabs etc and carry in my hand luggage.

• jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

There isn't a problem with security in the UK but it does depend where you are flying. There is a common over-the-counter pain killer that's sold in the UK (which of course I can't remember the name of) that is actually illegal in Dubai ... I'd always take the box just in case.

• memedoaky
    Beginner September 2008
    memedoaky ·
    • Hide content

My H takes a large quantity of medication daily for epilepsy, he has a tablet bag (a toilet bag where he keeps all is medication) which only has the tablets in there strips.

He also carries around a letter from hid GP stating his medical conditon and all the medication he takes. This has all the contact details of our GP and all of my H personal details including his name, address and DOB.

He's never had a problem anywhere we've travelled and always carries them in his hand luggage just incase our hold baggage goes missing or something.

Luv Victoria

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics