Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Taking your eggs to the convent?

*Mini*, 1 June, 2011 at 17:45 Posted on Planning 0 11

I saw my dermatoligist today for my 3 monthly check up and she was nattering away about the wedding to me, trying to take my mind off the whacking great needle in her hands probably.

She told me about an old wives tale that she had heard of where you are supposed to take eggs to a convent before the wedding and it then there will be sunny weather on the big day! She did it for her wedding last year and it had rained all week but was lovley sunshine on the day of the wedding so maybe there is some truth in it?

Has anyone else heard this bonkers idea? I told MrMini and he is strangley keen to do it!

11 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsRon, 1 June, 2011 at 21:51
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of that one!

My mum was born in Malaysia and she says she is gonna hang chillies out of the window the night before to keep the rain away... never heard of that before either but if it keeps her happy...!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

This is the most random thing ive heard!! you going to give it a go?!

• **Smut Police**
    **Smut Police** ·
    • Hide content

'ello, 'ello.

"taking your eggs to a convent"?

All sounds a bit smutty to me. I ort ta give yer a clip round yer ear for that sorta talk.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you hear the one about the nuns in the bath?

• kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

I don't even know where my nearest convent is!!! Just as well I'm all indoors isn't it??

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Aparently there is one not far from me....who knew!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Can't do any harm, can it? I wonder what the "logic" behind it is? Do you think if I bake the eggs into cupcakes then the nuns will appreciate it more?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

OK, Daft qusetion...Have you got to actually knock on the convent door and give them to the nuns? Or can you just leave them on the step?!We have a local convent and I may do this(cant hurt, serving canapes outside the church really need sunshine!) I Would feel like a bit of a wally knocking and handing eggs over to Mother Superior though!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of that one before but I do know a nun so maybe she could take some for me...do you think it still works if you make the nun do the running around for you? Probably not, I'll probably get struck by lightning!

On a slight tangent, I saw a nun shopping in Home Bargains today - full robes and hat garb on, seemed really out of place in the middle of all the chavs (and yours truly, I don't consider myself to be a chav at all but I do enjoy Home Bargains!)

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Dr said that she gave them to the nuns and they agreed to pray for her on the day- even though she had a civil ceremony.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There was a nun in front of me in the 99p store today! Must be Shop-In-Cheapo-Stores-Day for nuns!?

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe they're allowed out on the first of the month ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics