Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Talk to me about eyebrows

Purple Pixie, 26 of March of 2012 at 13:42 Posted on Planning 0 14

How do you get eyebrows to look amazing?

My eyebrows are ok. They've got a fairly good shape. I tweezer them regularly to keep them neat but they're not the 'wow' eyebrows that I'd love. What do girls with stunning eyebrows do that I'm not doing?

14 replies

Latest activity by Sandra, 16 of August of 2023 at 09:20
  • Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I go to salon once a month to have my eyebrows waxed, but nothing unusual.

A few salons near me have started this luxury eyebrow shaping, one calls it "HD Brows" another calls it "celebrity brows". Not sure exactly how it works but it uses several methods including waxing, tweezing, threading to give you the perfect eyebrows (apparantly). Might be worth looking out for, but only if your prepared to go expensive, maybe just for wedding? x

• Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi PurplePixie,

i have HD Brows done every month. beenhaving it done now for the last 4 months so that by the time the weeding comes around (July) they will be in good shape. The HD brows treatments includes waxing, tweezering and thredding as well as tiniting and use of the HD make up pallet which is a power that matches or is darker than your eyebrow colour that lasts for about 24 hours (I bought a palet myself so i can top mine up)

They aren't severe as the ' Scouse Brow' on Desperate Scousewives but a nice shape and colour. It's costly though and cost me £20 per month. TBH as i am not very ' hairy' and very fair i will probably stop having them done after the wedding.

Give it a google and see what you think Smiley smile

Gem

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Hiya I'm also a HD brow girl. My next door neighbour is one of the trainers and works for the lady who started it...nilam patel.

Basically they tint them first to create the shape, they then wax, thread and tweezers the the shape.

I LOVE mine and soooooo many people ask where I get them done. It honestly is worth it!!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Its waxing for me too, don't think I could bare having them threaded,just the thought makes me cringe ?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Mine are temporarily tattooed! It uses a vegetable pigment that breaks down over 2-5 years depending on your age. I have had mine done twice now and I love them!

I still have mine threaded to keep the stragglers away, but the arch and shape and fullness from the tattoo is soooooo amazing.

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    sachar ·
    • Hide content

Wow - I've never heard of this before reading on here, so have contacted the person local to me. Hoping to go and give it a whirl!

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Been having mine threaded for years - yes it hurts but no more so though anything else and for some reason makes me sneeze and am left with big red blotches after but as long as I get them done in the evening and they have overnight to recover they always look good.

• friya123
    Beginner August 2013
    friya123 ·
    • Hide content

If you're in London, Browhaus is the place to go! They do threading and they're very famous and well reviewed Smiley smile

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

IM having HD brows done before the wedding..my hairdressing salon have just started doing them! They look amazing!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

I had mine tattoo'd last year and LOVE them - they are just perfect (to me) all the time she drew them first so we got the exact shape i wanted. I did have HD brows before which were good but they gave me a dreadful itchy rash like couldnt sleep it was that bad and you have to keep having them done. All my mates thought I was weird going to get them done but all agree they are really good and you'd never know!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Tricks has posted about this on OT today about HD brows

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

There's a good saying which is very true: 'eyebrows should be sisters, not twins'. Smiley smile

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what the lady who did my eyebrows says!

She did the usual lining up with other facial features, and then we tweaked each one individually. One of mine is actually quite a bit higher than the other - who knew!? But they are now both fab shapes with all the individual hairs added to where mine were lacking. She tattoos many ladies who have had chemo and lost their eyebrows completely (my mum, how I met said lady), and even hers looked great. To create eyebrows where someone is bald, with a natural 'hair' effect is quite a talent. Can you tell I'm chuffed with mine! I LOVE having perfect brows with a clean face.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I've had a google of the HD brow thing and found something similar at a local beauty/spa place.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics