Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2016

Tattoo Cover Up Make Up

HappyRedDecor119, 20 of June of 2014 at 18:31 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello!

Has anyone used cover up make to cover a Tattoo, would you recommend it?

I have a small tattoo on my shoulder blade that I would like to cover on my wedding day... But only of it looks ok covered and the make up doesn't rub off...

thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by HappyRedDecor119, 21 of June of 2014 at 06:39
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Oooo I can't imagine normal make-up would completely cover it up, especially without fading over the day.

What I think you will need is some heavy-duty make-up used for special FX in the arts etc.

If you can't find anything, then you could at least ask your TOG to edit out the tattoo...

Sorry I am not much help!!

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I haven't used it myself but I've heard that dermablend professional is good. There's a video on YouTube of a guy being covered up with it - it's amazing! He's the most tattooed man but you wouldn't know it to start with!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

You need Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer. Unfortunately you'll have to order it from the States and pay a lot of postage, but y'know, if it's important to you it'll be worth it.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I don't know of any that would cover it up completely for that long without wearing off. Can you ask your photographer to edit it out, its quite simple and fast to do, I do it all the time?

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

Try veil cover cream. they have a tattoo camouflage kit for about £30 and they say it is sweat proof, water proof etc. I haven't used the tattoo cover up but I have used their other cover up makeup and it is really very good, plus they send you a colour tester kit for £6 which they then knock off the price of your first purchase. x

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Surely the issue with this though is that all the guests will see it on the day? I would have thought that if you want to cover up a tattoo it's for the benefit of others as much as yourself. After all, you'll know it's there regardless. Not that I claim to speak for the OP - I considered body makeup for my pasty legs but rejected the idea precisely *because* it would cover my tattoos! Smiley smile

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest this. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvEYfWAuyw

• H
    Beginner September 2016
    HappyRedDecor119 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replying everyone!

Dermablend looks good, looks like boots do it as well so I can have a nosey at colours before I buy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics