Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X.GEM.X
Beginner October 2011

taupe/choco & ivory/white - help!

X.GEM.X, 26 July, 2010 at 23:26 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey.

bit of background: we've changed our minds twice on colour schemes since we started planning all of 2 days ago! one reason being my MOH/CBM (also my cousin) didnt think the paleness of pale pink would stand out with the rest of the paleness - which i agreed on. (doesnt make much sense i know)

we've now pondered the idea of a taupe/choco colour (the biscuity version of choco i guess) but with that - what flowers do i get? its all good for the candy bar but what colour suit does my H2B, DAD etc get to wear with their Ivory Waitcoats & Taupe Cravats?? .. i know H2B isnt keen on wearing brown suits and his brother had brown for his wedding in 07.

Very Stuck In A Rut Now!
Please Someone Help lol. x

3 replies

Latest activity by Rustic Daze, 28 July, 2010 at 15:10
  • X.GEM.X
    Beginner October 2011
    X.GEM.X ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to mention were getting married in october 2011!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

For that particular colour scheme, brown suits would be the best option but if the men don't fancy brown, they could go for silver grey? Bringing in gold as an accent colour would help if they went for the grey but ideally, brown would be better.

Flower wise, if you wanted fresh flowers, you could go for a contrast colour such as coral or deep orange flowers with rich creams and use brown/mocha ribbons or you could have a mix of ivory and deep cream flowers with dark foliage and brown/mocha ribbons.

Here's a few mocha/chocca weddings I've done to give you a few ideas. These are all artificial flowers but some can be replicated in fresh flowers if you preferred:-

Hope that helps - Brenda

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Im getting married October 2011 too and having brown/gold/cream colour scheme too!! My bm's will be wearing a dark brown dress with either a gold or taupe sash.

I havent decided on flowers yet but I imagine the bridesmaids having white/cream rose bouquet so that they stand out against the dress and I think they would go nicely with your scheme too and my bouquet will be something like this

Hopefully the groomsmen will be wearing brown tails (if i can find some!) but if your men dont want to wear brown you could go for a chacoal grey, Ive seen weddings wear the men have worn black tails with brown cravat or how about being different and wear beige?!

• R
    Rustic Daze ·
    • Hide content

Hi There,

Love choc/taupe & ivory colour scheme - but yeah you're right Brown would be the best suit colour for your H2B, DAD etc. But if he's really not keen on wearing brown then how about a light colour suit?

I think Ivory flowers would be stunning tied with chocolate/taupe ribbon. If you did decide to add another colour then pink, burnt orange, tiffany blue & gold all go really well with this colour scheme.

Good Luck

Philippa

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics