Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lizbizz85
Beginner August 2022 Devon

Taxi/mini bus for leaving evening reception

Lizbizz85, 18 of August of 2021 at 22:18 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi I'm thinking about having a minibus or taxi on standby to take guests as required (who'll pay their own fares) and my wedding party home from our very rural evening reception. Some guests will likely want to leave a little earlier, so I was thinking about having something organised for the period between 9pm and midnight. Curious how any of you may have gone about organising something similar and what you're paying.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 15 of September of 2021 at 21:52
  • N
    Savvy June 2023 North Yorkshire
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue used to do this at a charge of £225 for two taxis on standby at the venue the whole evening. They’ve recently stopped doing it though, I think it was a bit of a hassle for them. Would be worth speaking to your venue or local taxi service to see if it’s something they could offer? X
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Can your venue maybe suggest something as presumably this is something that has come up with events here before. Or speak to local firms to see how likely it will be to get cars to your location. alternatively, if everyone is likely to be going to the same place like a hotel you could look at hiring a minibus for a period of time and then they could do shuttle service?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It would be a nice gesture to have a minibus for the wedding party, if you can afford it, but I'd imagine most guests would want taxis if they're not driving themselves. It would be worth ringing a couple of local companies to find out if they would have good availability, and providing phone numbers for guests to make bookings themselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics