Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pinkypoo85
Beginner August 2016

Tea Light Holders

pinkypoo85, 6 of January of 2015 at 16:43 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello All and Happy New Year!

I just wondered where people, if they are using them have brought their tea light holders from? We plan to have them on the tables but the florist is quoting £2 per holder. I am not sure on numbers we would want but I am guessing near 100?! As 1 or 2 on a table will be lost and we also would have them on the top table. I was just wondered if buying them myself would work out cheaper?

I am having something along the lines of this below but on a round mirror and a crackle glass cube with sweet avalanche roses in. Also the florist suggest a bubble ball a little holder with a rose floating and suggest 3 on each table but at £5 a go I am not sure I can afford that.

Your thought and suggestions on the tea lights would be great!

Thanks! x

9 replies

Latest activity by jesikab4u, 6 of January of 2015 at 23:30
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Mercury tea light holders like those shown are not cheap to buy nor are they cheap to hire but at least if you buy you can then sell them on and get some of your money back. It's worth looking at wholesale sellers if you're looking at about 100. I dropped on with a local lady who was selling 24 larger mercury votive holders and I got them all for £10!! So very lucky. The cheapest I can find are these on ebay which I did look at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-MERCURY-GLASS-TEALIGHTS-WEDDING-CHRISTMAS-TEA-LIGHT-HOLDERS-CANDLE-VOTIVE-/221588908443?pt=UK_Candle_Holders&var=&hash=item3397ba699b

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    sarah121 ·
    • Hide content

Ikea for me too, I'm going to spray some frosting on them or roll them in Epson salt to make they look crystalised and sparkly xx

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

They do ones like in your picture in Home Bargains- 2 for £2.99 I think it is

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

We're buying simple candles from Ikea. 50p a candle.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10280726/

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I got mine for nothing on Freecycle. Which is good as I didn't end up using them! ? I'd pass them on to you for the cost of postage but I don't have anything like the number you need.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Pammy they are like the ones I had in mind and I actuall have that seller saved on my eBay account!

They don't have to be exactly the same as the picture. I think I have over estimated at 100!

Melancholie how many do you have out of interest?

Thanks all for your suggestions!

X

• W
    Beginner October 2006
    Winterflower ·
    • Hide content

If you have a B and M near you they have 6 mercury Tea light holders for £2.99

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/mercury-candle-holders-6pk-294404

Dunelm mill may also be worth a look

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I brought mine off of ebay. I found 6pink mercurytealights like above for £7 then plus p&p and I found gold Mercury lanterns 10 and tea light holders 18 all for £25 from Someone who was selling them localy second hand. I have not managed to find them cheaper then £3 a glass other then the 6 packs i brought. It was such a struggle to find them that cheap.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Shame it's not closer! I had been searching everywhere for reasonable price!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics