Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner June 2016

Teal flower ideas

vickyg1302, 19 of April of 2015 at 14:32 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi, getting married next June and just getting ideas right now, we're going for a teal colour scheme and just wondered if that's going to be difficult with flowers (it's only really my bouquet at the moment I'm thinking about). Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by vickyg1302, 19 of April of 2015 at 22:33
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure a florist hitcher can help, but I don't know any fresh flowers that come naturally in teal, majority are dyed. (I love the colour too, but found everyones opinions of what teal is, can be very different). I suggest complementary colours like pinks within the bouquet. Worse case, if you cant find teal flowers, you could always use teal coloured ribbon or fakes. Found these, The orchids are dyed, and these ones look more blue, but I have seen them in a more greeny/teal colour:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I'm afraid there aren't any natural teal fresh flowers. However, you can have fresh flowers dyed teal or you can get teal artificial flowers and mix them with fresh flowers. I would just mention that I have done many teal weddings in the past (I'm a retired florist) and the artificial teal flowers are very false looking. I've yet to see any that are remotely natural looking and they are very 'flat and cold' too which doesn't really give any depth to a bouquet.

Flowers can be dyed in different ways such as spraying or placing in dyed water so the stem soaks up the dye to the bloom. A lot of florists are happy to dye and a lot will not because there is the risk if it rains of the dye coming off onto your hands and dress. The best way to avoid this is to have the dyed flowers towards the centre of the bouquet surrounded by other natural coloured flowers rather than around the edge which is a vulnerable area if it rains. Some florists may ask you to sign a disclaimer if they are happy to do it for you stating that you won't sue them if that happens.

The easiest way to add teal to a bouquet is to do it by way of ribbon or diamante. Hope that helps.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We had teal bridesmaids, ties, chair ribbons and part of the table decorations, but went for hot pink for the flowers, cake flowers and car ribbon. As its a good contrast with teal. Dont forget if you have girls in teal dresses the same colour flowers for them would be pointless. As mentioned, flowers that colour don't happen, but if you really wanted teal you could go false?

Or maybe go for blues and greens?

• V
    Beginner June 2016
    vickyg1302 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, I didn't really think about the fact they would be died lol! I like the idea of pinks and maybe a few teal ribbons to match it up instead, need to have a Google idea think! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics