Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

amihohu
Beginner September 2013

teal wedding

amihohu, 7 August, 2012 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 22

Afternoon all!

Has anyone had/is having a teal based wedding? We are thinking of having this as our main colour, but are after ideas for what would go with it flowers wise, so anybody with any suggestions/flashes would be great Smiley smile

22 replies

Latest activity by MrsJenLarkin, 14 August, 2012 at 06:16
  • RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

My sister has teal as her main colour (she gets married this Saturday). When Mum pointed out to her that she would struggle to get real flowers to match she added hot pink as an accent colour & I think she's having pink flowers (possibly gerberas).

Could you add a second colour for the flowers & bring the teal in using additions to your bouquet like fabric? I think you can get some foliage (a type of grass I think) sprayed to another colour but I don't know how that would fair in rain.

Or go for artificial flowers.

All questions for a florist!

• KirstyLouise10
    Beginner August 2012
    KirstyLouise10 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married on 25th of this month and im having pink geberas and they are gorgoues flowers.

A friend of mine had teal bridesmaid dresses but they had pink flowers and the flower girls had pink flowers to match. it looked stunning against the dresses.

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Hot pink does sound nice, the venue we are going for has gold chairs with a goldish seat, so we were thinking about incorporating a bit of gold into the table decor, as we don't really like chair covers, but I'm a bit worried about having too many colours, will gold, teal and pink go together, or do you tihnk it would be too many strong colours?

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I think you always need a 'metal' colour as well even if you go for one colour.

Personally I think I would put silver with pink & teal but in this case wouldn't because of the gold.

What about having teal as the main colour, pink for accents to break it up & gold for the metal colour to tie it to the chairs? the gold could be used for maybe gold twigs in with flowers, candle holders.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you thought of a brooch bouquet with white flowers and having teal in the brooches? Or maybe using white/ ivory/ light green flowers and teal feather accents? Just an idea!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely go for silver with teal and hot pink as both the teal and hot pink are classed as 'cold' colours as is silver whereas gold is in the 'warm' colour palette. As someone has already mentioned, there are no teal coloured fresh flowers as it is not a colour that grows in the natural world. Colours which will compliment it are lemons, pinks, purples - here's a few teal weddings I've done:-

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Not teal, but I'm having jade green with silver and white. Obviously jade green and silver flowers don't exist so I'm having white flowers.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you thought of a brooch bouquet with white flowers and having teal in the brooches? Or maybe using white/ ivory/ light green flowers and teal feather accents? Just an idea!

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

I had a teal wedding. All my wedding photos are listed in the signature below so feel free to gain ideas and inspiration.

xx

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had a turquoise wedding which was equally as hard to match flowers!

I had white and green flowers with turquoise ribbon.

My initial thought was to have purple as well but this never materialised.

I have a teal and navy dress at home which goes really well together, although quite dark.

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, some great ideas here Smiley smile

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

It seems that purple will go with teal too

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you lovely. I had the amazing Nicola from Daffodil Waves shoot my wedding. All the pictures just make me relive the whole day every time i look through them!

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

I got it from this website: http://www.the-little-things-in-life.co.uk/

Not sure what mine was called, but the very similar style are Florence, Angela and Catherine.

xx

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Despite my online name, I ended up with emerald green as teal was so hard to match. You can get dyed orchids & lillies or as someone else said, have teal ribbon loops added into your bouquet.

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Lavender and teal are gorgeous together. I love that combo!

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

I had a teal wedding too! We had white roses as our flowers, and my florist inserted tiny teal crystals into the centre of each rose to tie it in with the dress, loved them!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh Jen you got married at Baddesley! I work for the Trust. What an amazing place to get married, i love it, one of my favourite properties x

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content

My SIL2b had teal and purple - Both colours were bold. She had a teal trailling ribbon around her bouquet with white flowers. She used peacock feathers in her floral displays to add a touch of teal. She had balloons for her centrepieces so these were teal. Her chairs were white and it was a marquee so lots of white all around. I wouldn't put gold with purple and teal but I think it can work with teal by itself. Imagine gold jewellery with a teal semi-precious stone.

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did yes Smiley laugh My Dad is the head gardener their so I grew up on site for 20 years. Never any doubt in my mind of getting married anywhere else! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics