Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner December 2009

teal/gold themes - particularly flowers

amee, 5 October, 2009 at 21:11 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey,

I need some inspiration..................

My BM is in a lovely teal dress and we are decorating our venue with gold to co-ordinate with the venue's decor. What flowers are those with teal or gold themes having?

My dress is cream by the way and the wedding is NYE!

Many thanks

Amee

9 replies

Latest activity by Kim31, 8 October, 2009 at 14:40
  • A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Hey sorry i cant help but just wanted to say hi wedding twin although im next year im guessing your this year xx

• A
    Beginner December 2009
    amee ·
    • Hide content

I am indeed this year anglefish, its happening so quickly now and every day i'm finding more and more things I hadn't thought about!!

Starstruck - although i haven't been keen on a full crystal bouquet i'm thinking maybe adding some teal crystals into a cream bouquet might be a good option

Have you any pics you could send me?

I'm doing all this remotely as I live in England, wedding is on a Scottish island so my poor mother is being the wedding planner!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Silk would be an option and you can add crystals & accesories in Teal to tie in with your theme. A few ideas where you can use colour:

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I've had one wedding where the colour scheme was teal and brown and we used cream roses for the flowers with bear grass with cyrstal beads threaded onto the leaves creating a 'cage' over the roses. For the centrepieces i actually decided to use silver candelabras with crystal garlands hanging from it and then added teal butterflies to them too.

You could do something similar but have gold candelabras and instead of butterflies which are obviously for a summer wedding, you could teal coloured glass hanging decorations. They would look very grand and the candlelight would be perfect for New Year's Eve.

I've always found it very difficult to find the right 'gold' coloured flower, it's hard for them not to look too yellow or orange. I personally do things like spray beargrass gold and loop it through the arrangements or use gold items like skeleton leaves.

Good luck

Ruth

x

• pom-pom
    Beginner March 2010
    pom-pom ·
    • Hide content

Oooo I'm doing teal and silver!!

I'm using the left over material from the (teal) bridesmaid's dresses to wrap round the stems of the bridesmaid's bouquets. The florist has advised going for lots of eucalyptus for the greeneery so it doesn't clash with the teal. I'm going for pinks and creams for my flowers though.

• A
    Beginner December 2009
    amee ·
    • Hide content

Many thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I've not got back to this thread until today and the work pc never lets me look at the pics which is frustrating so will log back on tonight to look at what you have posted Sherrie.

Your suggestions sound FAB Ruth, I wish I had thought of the candelabra's but have already bought the centre pieces, gel candles in glass vase that are dusted with gold glitter at the top and a gold bow further down and then two tealights with a similar glittery gold floral ring around them. Shall try and post a pic when I'm on later tonight.

I did try popping into a couple of florists around where I live at the minute but they weren't v. helpful.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amee

I agree that your best bet to bring in teal and gold to your theme is by adding extras; crystals, pearls, sprayed leaves or skeleton leaves etc. The pics below are of some examples where we've added crystals to either shower or handtied bouquets, just to give you some ideas. You will need to bear in mind that as your wedding is on NYE, supply of flowers will be an issue. The auctions close the day before Christmas Eve usually, so if your florist is open and takes delivery of your flowers on Christmas Eve, it's still a week before they can be used. If they have cold storage, most things will keep really well, but getting someone to agree to do it will depend on whether they usually open the week between Christmas and New Year. Good luck!

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

You can get daffodils... the golden bell type. California Poppy is quite close to gold..... or Busy Lizzie Jungle gold.... or Blackeyed Susan is a different look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics