Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2013

Teenage Entertainment!

Mrs F (to be), 21 September, 2012 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello,

I need a bit of inspiration as to what to put in party boxes for teenagers so it keeps them entertained during the wedding breakfast???

I'm sorted for the younger ones, colouring books, crayons, slinky etc etc but I want the older two girls to have "older stuff" if that makes sense and I'm stuck for ideas?

Anyone had the same dilemma or in the same dilemma?

Thank you! x

9 replies

Latest activity by Loopz, 23 September, 2012 at 07:38
  • Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Not sure I'd bother to be honest...teens should be able to sit through a wedding breakfast. Ours were all each others cousins anyway so we put them all on the same table and ignored them getting tipsy

• M
    Beginner April 2013
    Mrs F (to be) ·
    • Hide content

When I say teenagers, they are 11 and 13 and are quite easily bored!!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmmm, a friendship bracelet kit?

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

I'm interested in answers to this too as I was looking for the same kind of age but boys, I have colouring books etc for the ones up to about 6 or 7 but then I've a couple of boys who are 9 and 11...they are my brothers kids and he says they will have their DS's with them probably and will be happy with that but I dont want them to have nothing when the younger kids have something...?? x

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

For the boys, maybe something like Top Trump cards

But normally I see young girls mucking about with bubbles or things on the table, rather than actual toys!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We didn't get anything for the older kids. I asked my niece (who was just turned 11 at the time) if she wanted an older version of the kids goody bag. She looked at me in utter disgust, curled her lip and pronounced that she wasn't a baby. We didn't even consider it for the 12 and 13 year olds. I think if I would have been given things to entertain me at that age I would have been insulted. They were quite happy chatting away tyo each other/the adults, eating their dinner, looking at the dresses, listening to the speeches etc.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have any teenagers but quite a lots of 7-11 year olds. I let their parents know I was happy if they wanted to play with their DSs etc on silent but actually they all sat & listened to the speeches with no problems.

We had set up an area with loads of retro games & toys (that we had collected from ebay, charity shops etc) also & throughout the day kids (& adults) of all ages enjoyed playing with them.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

We're havinG disposable cameras for our older children. A list of things to capture too, to give them ideas.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics