Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Em1982
Beginner

teeth whitening?

Em1982, 21 of February of 2011 at 10:03 Posted on Planning 0 18

I would like to do something with my teeth for my wedding day but dont want to pay the fortune that laser teeth whitening costs. my dentist said i can get something that costs £295 and they take a mould of my teeth then i wear the mould on a night with something in that lightens my teeth by a couple of shades, anyone had this done and does it work?

i once saw a type of pen that you can buy from somewhere that is meant to help lighten your teeth but dont know the brand name/where to get it/if its effective

any advice ladies?

18 replies

Latest activity by Pia, 2 of September of 2023 at 22:38
  • W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I had the gum shield done about 5 years ago and it did work. It was a bit painful (have sensitive teeth and would tingle quite a bit!) and not the most comfortable thing to wear ? It didn't last that long though, you couldn't tell now that I did it for instance! I know that Pearl Drops do an instant whitening pen but apparently it rubs off when you eat/drink/etc so would have to keep retouching it.

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would shop around as my dentist does it for £250 so you might find it a bit cheaper somewhere else. It does definitely work but leaves your teeth feeling VERY sensitive so make sure you use sensodyne toothpaste! I would go for it xx

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the others it does work but can make your teeth temporarily sensitive but just get the sensitive teeth paste. There is no other over the counter system that works in my experience.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Crest whitestrips supreme (strongest strength) are brilliant. Work better than the dentist treatment I had, and for a fraction of the price. Everyone asks how I keep my teeth so white.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I need to stop giving my secret away! Hehe.

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest the Crest strips, they are brilliant. Can get them on ebay and get strips for the top and bottom teeth and they also fold over and do the backs of your teeth iykwim x

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

I use Macleans ISO-Active whitening gel and i have to say its the best i've ever used, its around £3.50 a tube but i can tell the difference so would deffo recommend!

• MrsLoftus2be
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLoftus2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm just in the middle of having my teeth whitened with gum shield etc, the first time i used it i put WAY too much gel in the shields (half of a tube... i got 4 tubes which should last 2 weeks+) and woke up at 3 oclock in the morning in agony and choking on my own saliva pleasant huh! Since i've read my instructions properly i no longer wake up in agony lol but it makes your teeth extremely sensitive!!! that being said i've defininately seen great results already! Mine cost £200 from the dentist so it seems prices vary quite a lot so its definately worth shopping about! Beauty is pain as they say!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

A local salon was doing an offer on laser teeth whitening so I booked it - not goin to get it done until june though. I have very sensitive teeth as it is so i'll def be in pain but sure no pain no gain. What I liked about it is that my front teeth are naturally whiter than the resy of my teeth so with laser whitening this can be corrected as they kept goin until uve got the look you want.

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.crystal-smile.co.uk/teeth-whitening-process.asp

I'm gonna be doing the above. It can be found in Brent Cross Shopping Centre, London or Silverburn Shopping Centre, Glasgow.

£99 for 1 hour and they apply the stuff to your teeth about 3 times during the hour and use the blue LED light stuff. They claim to use non-peroxide solutions which are less harsh on your teeth but still give the same effect of peroxide based stuff.

• MrsHoff
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsHoff ·
    • Hide content

Hi iliacit, i've been looking on ebay at the Crest Whitestrips and there are different kinds, which ones do you use? and have you been getting from america?

Thanks Amanda xx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wouldn't bother. I tried something similar which was offered at Bluewater for around the same price. Did not notice a difference at all. The % of hydrogen peroxide is less than that contained in the Crest Whitestrips Supreme. It's the hydrogen peroxide that actually bleaches the teeth. It is like paying for someone to use the equivalent of a weaker home whitening kit 3 times in a row.

I've also been to the Smile Studio in London and bought one of their take home kits. That worked pretty well as it had a decent % of hydrogen peroxide (about 12% I think). I noticed a difference after a few days of use and so did other people. Crest Whitestrips work just as well, if you get the supreme strength, and they are cheaper.

I buy mine here directly from Crest in the UK: https://www.oralb.co.uk/en-GB/new-oral-b-3-d-whitestrips

Try not to drink tea, coffee, red wine, coke and other staining foods and drink during the whitening process as this will slow progress. I also find myself 'topping up' every 3-6 months or so, as consuming those drinks will gradually knock your teeth back down a few shades. Tea stains white cups/mugs - it does the same to your teeth!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Another recommendation for Crest strips. They work wonders and won't make you look like this:

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Really, Spangles? That was exactly the look I was going for. Disappointed.

• R
    Beginner September 2019
    RomanticRedCars37253 ·
    • Hide content

They can't stay long, you should keep using a kind of whitening toothpaste. good luck

• L
    LuxuriousRedBridesmaid67178 ·
    • Hide content

For me the only teeth whitening formula that I had a good experience with was from ProWhitesmile and quite affordable

• B
    Beginner April 2022 Florida
    Brad ·
    • Hide content
    I've heard about this pen, but I think it's best not to risk it before the wedding. And the doctor will do whitening for 1-2 shades.

So the choice is yours.

• K
    Beginner December 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Ka ·
    • Hide content
    I noticed this post the other day and it made me wonder if I should be professionally whitening mine in time for my wedding next month but I’ve been using some whitening strips off Amazon. Truth be told my teeth are not bad but I had some staining on a couple of my front teeth and after a week of using the strips my teeth are definitely whiter and the staining is almost gone! I’m going to use them again next month before the wedding. Whitening toothpaste didn’t do anything for me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics