Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

slou90
Beginner April 2014

Teeth whitening ...

slou90, 1 of December of 2013 at 18:19 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hubby to be and I had our first teeth whitening session today!

Next one is only on Wednesday as we only went up 6 shades and she thinks she can get them whiter . Then it's a trip to the dentist for me to get the fake part of my front tooth matched back up and then a top up before the wedding and I'm hoping for pearly whites !

little bit sensitive right now ! X

19 replies

Latest activity by Grumps, 3 of December of 2013 at 08:38
  • Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Are you getting them done at the dentist? I really want to get my teeth whitened it I'm worried about it making my teeth really sensitive as they're quite sensitive anyway

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Is it really sore? I want mine done but am such a wuss when it comes to teeth. I had a scale and polish the other day and my teeth were sore for 3 days.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

What kind of whitening did you have (if you don't mind me asking)

Last time I had mine done it was with the gel/bleach stuff that you take home and do yourself. It was really good, (12 shades over 14 days) & no pain at all but didn't last too long ☹️ I'd be curious to hear about other options if you tried something different?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

How long is not long Pavone?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Probably about 3 months- but a years worth of top ups were also included so it wasn't too bad I suppose. Although the top ups have never got them quite back to the original 12 shade pearlies, just helped to give them a boost once a month.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I had my braces removed on Friday and they cleaned my teeth for me - air abrasion cleaning - I would highly recommend it my teeth are amazingly clean. I'm going back to get my whitening kit next week when they've molded the trays for me.

As for the sensitivity when I first had my braces put on and they basically filed my teeth inbetween a bit so they had room to move and my teeth were so sensitive I couldn't drink anything less than lukewarm, the dentist recommended fluorigard mouthwash and it really helped, it's also worth rubbing a bit of sensodyne toothpaste (or another sensitive toothpaste) on the trouble spots. Hope that helps.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Hey girlies.

I didn't have it done at the dentist- which obviously your not supposed to do. But I can't afford there pricing lol! Their take home set was like £265.00! This was £80 for 45mins , and then because it is my wedding she is giving me 2 free sessions and then another free session when I book my 15 minute top up.

I had laser teeth whitening. Where they paint the bleach onto your teeth and then use a light to activate it. I had 3 15 minute sessions and the result should last up to 2 years. I am having another two sessions on Wednesday to get them white white and then a month before the wedding a top up!

In regard to pain the actual whitening was fine. ( I have really sensitive teeth) then last night about 6 hours later I had a bit of sensitivity ( like biting into an icelolly) but it is gone today! No pain at all.

My teeth used to be perfect and the past 2 years I have felt really self conscious about the colour. I feel better already. I think I will feel amazing once my dentist has changed the bit that isn't quite matching up atm.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

I had my teeth whitened back in May and my GOD, it was probably the most pain i have ever been in (however i am known to be a wuss!) i had the laser whitening done, for like £100, it was fine whilst the guy was doing it but then for a couple of days afterwards my teeth were so sensitive i couldn;t bear to even open my mouth it was awful, and highly amusing for those around me! My H2B had his done at the same time though and he had no problems at all so i think it can vary from person to person. My teeth are more sensitive now than they used to be so it wasn;t wort it for me and I would never do it again, but i do know lots of people who have had little or no side effects so it depends whether you want to risk it. I think if i had them done again i would go to the dentist

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, i'll be looking into my options ?

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I've tried the strips before that you use at home. I wasn't expecting any change really (they were £20 for 14 doses) but I was pleasently suprised but it didn't last long.

I would like to have mine done before the wedding. I've seen people having the light method at wedding fairs but I'm not getting married til next August and I love red wine and tea too much to do it this early!

Those who have had it done by a professional - were you told to steer clear of tea, coffee, wine etc?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep, and food which may stain such as curry or acidic drinks such as coke. Also, smoking not recommended.

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you mind me asking for how long? Is it just a few days post-treatment or long-term? The thought of no coffee, red wine or fags is a scary one indeed.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

They told me to "cut out" those things, for at least for 2 weeks prior to and post treatment. And if I absolutely had to have them after that, to drink through a straw.

Aside from the fizzy drinks (which I assume is to do with sensitivity?) the others are just a stainage issue I think, so it's kind of up to you. You can still have them, but it'll mean your results wont be as good or last as long. That's the impression I got anyway, but someone please correct if that's not the case.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

I was told to cut out anything that would stain a white tshirt for 24 hours x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've got weird visions of trying to eat curry through straw! It's the pain of the sensitivity that worries me, does it last long?

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

My sensitivity lasted about 2 hours dreamcatchme but I will let you know on wed if it's any different x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had absolutely none at all. Definitely varies from person to person though.

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Pavone and slou. Definitely food for thought (she says, chickening out ...)!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics