Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SaSaSi
Beginner July 2012

Teeth whitening - does herbal tea stain your teeth?

SaSaSi, 6 June, 2011 at 15:12 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi Hitchers,

Im gettin my teeth lazer whitened on wednesday night & going to hygenist tomorrow so they are clean in preparation....

I know Im not to drink tea or coffee for 48 hrs after but does herbal tea stain your teeth as well? I usually drink a couple of cups of white tea a day....

Im gonna try & come off the caffine from now until the big day - i feel jittery all the time as it it!

8 replies

Latest activity by Mynnie the Moocher, 6 June, 2011 at 17:27
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

If it doesn't stain your cup, it won't stain your teeth!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Or buy some decaffeinated tea? Smiley smile

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

Which company are you getting them lasered with? I was supposed to be getting gel and trays, but the dentist cancelled on me as they changed the rules after I ordered. Boo! So am thinking of going down the laser route now.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its a LA Smile therapist thats doing mine, there was an offer at christmas for it @ £50 (normally £200) so I paid it upfront there & then! Ive very sensitive teeth so Im predicting some pain, thats why Im gettin it done now & not nearer the wedding. If it doesnt work too well Ive still time to get those crest strips.

PS - I hatede caffinated tea! I can drink decaff coffee but not tea for some reason. But I want to limit my intake of anything that'll stain my teeth ie curries etc as well so the no caffine idea is just tying in with that. I feel like im wired up most days & find it really hard to concentrate & remember things! Stressful times...

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

My Hygenist told me that green tea really stains your teeth (only if you drink a lot tho)! My teeth get stained from normal tea!

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

When I had my teeth whitened I was told that until the dentene layer builds up (48 hours) I could eat nothing but white food. She was really strict on it and said only rice and potato with no butter, not even a hint of colour e.g. cucumber or white chocolate. Also I was told not to brush my teeth for 2 days to allow the layer to build up again.

Was a bit of a ball ache but I figured it was a small price to pay and wanted the best results after shelling out all that money. It would seem that they are not that strict now! It was a couple of years ago I had it done.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH had his done about 2 weeks before we flew out for the wedding. He was very naughty (and I was very cross, given that I was footing the bill!!) as he was smoking within a couple of hours of having it done and drinking tea etc - basically all the things you shouldn't be doing. I knew nothing about it until I got home late that night and dind't know of all the rules of what he could and couldn't eat/drink, until I found the bag from the dentist containing his course of whitening gels and the do's and don't's leaflet..............which he'd left in the middle of the living room floor, natch!?

Needless to say, it wasn't anywhere near as effective as it would have been had he actually done as he was told for once in his life!? (and his teeth were very discoloured due to a course of v strong anti-b's he was given in hospital as a child)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics