Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2023 Durham

Teeth whitning before the wedding!

Jess, 16 of June of 2023 at 13:25 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4

I need some advice my wedding is 2 months away. I am with a private dentist and we talked about doing teeth whitening, i was on board at first as i thought it was included free in my monthly plan. During my check up last week i brought it up again and she told me that we would have to start it next month in mid July. She said the price for the treatment would be £350, which not going to lie surprised me. Just wondering if you think i should go for it or look for cheaper alternatives online. I want my teeth nice and white for the photos but not sure if its worth it as £350 as this can go on other things needed for the wedding. There was also the option of a monthly plan paying £30 for a year but not sure if it is sensible doing a direct debit. Would be great if anybody has other alternatives or suggestions.

4 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 9 of July of 2023 at 08:15
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you do decide to go for it please make sure you use a proper dental service and not a cosmetic beautician service. Whitening involves strong chemicals, in your mouth, and is regulated by the BDA. i have seen so many horror stories from people going to beauty salons or online providers as the chemicals are not regulated and can cause no end of problems including damage to teeth, gums and mouth if not handled correctly, which you would not want before your wedding. the cost quoted is reasonable for a proper qualified dental professional to complete and the DD option is a good way to get it done without upfront full payment so makes the cost more palatable

• Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a good price to me for a qualified dentist. I am expecting to pay this amount.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine done, I wanted to do it for a while anyway, but the wedding provided the reason. I went through my dentist, and it was £295 for the ones where you apply a gel inside a retainer for a month. I have more gels than I needed for that, but as long as I keep them unopened they can be used with a year.
    They have definitely worked, and I prefer my smile, however I wanted them done anyway. Just be prepared if you do the same kind of thing as me, you have to go onto a “white diet” for a month, so nothing with any strong colours. Getting ready for the wedding is stressful enough, but having it crazy change what I could eat nearly drove me mental!
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in 2 months and had teeth whitening through my dentist and am SO glad I did. It is expensive but in my opinion it’s totally worth it. I was quite paranoid about the colour of my teeth and I look at photos now and am so much happier with them. Hope this helps xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics