Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Ducky*
Beginner July 2012

Tell me about Pandora Bracelets please.

*Ducky*, 22 May, 2012 at 12:28 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 28

It's my little sister's 21st soon and I'm taking her out. My family will be in Newcastle for a funeral, her friends mostly live in Portsmouth and her boyfriend is on a tour of duty. So it's just us two.

She is very trendy, a TOWIE wannabe (but far prettier than most of them on the show!), loves to party and go to festivals (but Dad has got her festival tickets already).

Is a pandora bracelet cool yet sentimental. Or just not cool.

I got her a Tiffany necklace for her 18th and she still wears it daily, and ring IMO are for your partner to buy/give.

If not a pandora bracelet and charm, can any suggest a cooler but sentimental present?

TIA

28 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 23 May, 2012 at 22:06
  • N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Tresor Paris Shamballa bracelets are way more TOWIE than Pandora. They start at about £60 for one with a single bead and the fully beaded ones are £149 I think.

The nice thing about Pandora bracelets though, or anything similar, is that she can add to it later on. I have a Links of London version but it has allsorts of beads on it and I like to add to it on special occasions such as special holidays, birthdays, anniversaries etc

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Just got one yesterday from my sister for my birthday and i love it, its personal, pretty and i have already had comments on how lovely it looks x

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I have a pandora bracelet which I love but I can't comment on the 'cool' aspect as I'm probably one of the uncool, non-trendy 23 yr olds going. Not sure if this has helped at all!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I have one but it's the brown leather double wrap one and IMO looks a bit cooler than a silver bracelet. You can get black, cream etc also

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I've got a Trollbead bracelet & I believe the Trollbeads will also fit Pandora and vice versa.

My sister has a Trollbead bracelet too and all her beads have to have a meaning. I on the other hand just have beads on there that I like.

• PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

As someone else said, Shamballa or Linksy are more TOWIE than pandora bracelets, BUT pandora bracelets are gorgeous and I have actually asked H2B to get me one ? x

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

My very cool 15 year old niece has a pandora I got her for her 13th, she loves it and I can get her a charm each year which is nice.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I don't really get Pandora bracelets.. They're a bit common now that everyone plus their dog have one.

How about a decent designer handbag?

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See I've heard lots of people say that but I only know of 1 other person that owns one and I don't often see people wearing them...

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Someone once commented to me that Pandora bracelets are "chavvy". I don't think I'd ever heard of them up to that point but I know they sell copies of them on market stalls (H's brother used to sell them) which tends to be an off putter.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I have to say I dont like them. I dont like those Shamballa (or whatever they are called) bracelets either.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies.

I guess anything that's popular will eventually have knock-off versions. Like Luis Vuitton(sp!) for example, loads for far-east versions on the Internet and market but plenty of people still like the real deal.

Her designer handbag of choice is her (genuine) Mulberry and I don't want to spend that much! If she was a Radley/DKNY/Guess girl it would be a nice idea.

I had a look for the other type of bracelet suggestions and can't find a local stockist. I think I'll go and have a look at the Pandora's. I quite like the white leather one rather than the standard silver.

Failing that I'll just look at unbranded bangles and bracelets in local jewellers - I'm sure you get far more for your money!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not too keen myself. But I'm pretty sure pandora is right up my sister's street!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you think she is going to want to put plenty of beads on it, I have a leather one as well and one of their staff told me that you can only put a maximum of 3 charms on them as they are not as sturdy as the silver ones and anything more than that and they will break apparently.

Thomas Sabo is another option, they do some really nice funky stuff.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Dyrberg Kern jewellery is nice too.

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I don't think Pandora bracelets are "chavvy" at all far from it, they're dainty. I only have 5 charms on mine, i like the Pandora with only a few charms so then you can still see the actual bracelet.

I also have a Links of London Sweetie Bracelet, i love mine but i don't wear it too often anymore, there's 15 or so charms on there so it does become heavy, lovely to keep.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me neither I'm afraid.

I'm sure they're right up a teenager's street though.

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Funny you say that Kharv as i don't see many teenagers wearing the Pandora, mainly adults here. Although saying that i did buy my 13 year old sister one for Christmas last year, although she's only worn it a few times... pah.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    jessica_jayne ·
    • Hide content

They are nice.. As long as the right charms are on there, I was bought one for my bday and they got the charms that they knew I would like.. My mum then got one and hers is stunning.. All pearls. My friend has one and I hate hers though, hers is full (I prefer them with only a few) and she has all sorts of charms that don't blend ( animal heads, good luck charms etc)

If you know what charms she would like then they are lovely gifts

Xxx

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we're too old Kharv.?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I have a Chamilia which is very similar to a Pandora, but it just happened to be what my local jeweller stocked. I asked Mr Knees to get it for me one Christmas, because it was something that I could keep adding to for birthdays etc. He bought me a starter set, which already had three charmes on it, in silver, blue and pink, so I've stuck to that theme in the charms I've bought since.

They're not to everyone's tastes, but I really love mine.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Chavvy doesn't necessarily mean chunky though. The comment that they are chavvy was made to me, not by me but I do think that some brands become de-valued by knock off market versions and this was what would put me off more than anything else.

Someone else mentioned Louis Vuitton. I'd never pay hundreds of pounds for a LV bag when every kid round the local shopping centre has a snide version to go with their fake Uggs, knock off Juicy Couture Tracksuit and rip-off Barbour jacket.

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes definitely, of course i don't mean that everything "chunky" is "chavvy", My pandora is quite dainty with not many charms and all one metal on is what i meant and that i personally couldn't see how that could be perceived as chavvy, but hey that's just my opinion.

Oh anything and everything is a knock off version nowadays!!

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I have a links of london bracelet, I love it but they are really common.

Thomas Sabo and Swarovski do lovely charm bracelets too.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I have one and love it. But I'm very uncool and don't bother much with nice things so it's one thing that makes me feel a little prettier.

On OHs niece, who is young, gorgeous and cool, and her mum who dresses just like her, they somehow look chavvy.

I have no point to make ?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Well I went into Pandora and had a look around and I do think it's something she will love. Some of the charms are gorgeous whilst others are a bit minging! I hope I chose the gorgeous ones.

I got her the silver bracelet in the end (we have teeny wrists apparently!) and chose her a charm. Her OH manged to email me from the Falklands with his choice of charm for her too. I also have his other presents for her at my house, which she won't be expecting.

Plus my sister and her OH are moving in together when he gets back so I also got her massive Yankee Candle Jar as a present for their new home as she always comments on mine.

And a gold playsuit from eBay. I have a cream lace playsuit for my hen night and she said she wanted one in her wedding colour too. That will make her laugh!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

And a tube of hyrdocortisone cream as she refuses to believe the dry skin on her arm is eczema!

But that's not really a present.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I have a pandora charm bracelet. I got mine before they were popular here as OH sent it from Australia where they were just taking off. I don't think they are any more common than the tiffany necklace and bracelet which he bought me. I see loads of people wearing them in town and on tv!

I am 40 and wear the traditional pandora charm bracelet with 18 charms on it (weighs a ton)and I also have the necklace and a double wrap leather bracelet. I bought my mum one for her 60th but it is a delicate pandora with thin strands and only 1 charm in the middle. Have a look in their store as they are constantly updating the range, there is something for everybody in there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics