Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

tell me about tramadol?

16 of June of 2008 at 22:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

anybody taken this before?

what effect will it have on me and more importantly will it make me even more bunged up than i already am?

mr p says it will space me out,but im afraid of being all zombified so a bit nervous about taking one iyswim.

share your opiate experiences with me

14 replies

Latest activity by OliviaS, 27 of September of 2022 at 10:57
  • monkey fingers
    Beginner
    monkey fingers ·
    • Hide content

They can space you out.

When I use to take them in the beginning they would make me feel quite buzzy and drowsey but I couldn't sleep as it seemed my mind was working overtime.

They also gave me headaches so I had to take paracetamol with them.

I took them for 4 years and the side effects calmed down, but in the early days I didn't get on with them at all.

As for bunging you up- I am not really the person to advise on this xx

Hope you feel okay

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

I was prescribed tramadol in France for my skiing injury - massive friction burn on my tummy.

I didn't really like them - they made me feel sick and wired to the moon. I remember lying in my bed one evening just gawping at the light bulb for hours on end. I also didn't like the fact I couldn't drink on them as my holiday was sh1t enough with no skiing without my one remaining pleasure being taken away from me (I didn't realise this to start with and had some wine and almost passed out) so I stopped taking them and reverted to co codamol after a few days. I think there was also confusion re the dosage - I was taking them 2 at a time which I think was too many, maybe take just 1 and see how that goes.

I also didn't find them that great for pain relief - they just spaced me out so I didn't give a sh1t about the pain rather than take it away - a bit like gas and air in childbirth does.

Didn't find it bunged me up.

Hope you are OK ?

• monkey fingers
    Beginner
    monkey fingers ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I am okay, very sore.

My wound is infected so that's a bit grotty and I am finding it frustrating not being able to do anything x

But I'll get there, as will you.

I think you should try the tramadol, but maybe not at bedtime the first time you try them.

Roobarb, I drank with them, but to be honest I drank with morphine too- so i am probably not the best person for giving advice, x ?

Take care xx

• alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content

I've been taking tramadol for a couple of years now

in my experience they'll not bung you up like codeine will, but they'll take some getting used to

The first time I took them I was dizzy, had tunnel vision, couldn't talk properly.. but now they don't do any of that

they're pretty decent painkillers, I'd say try em out

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content

I take tramadol, and never have any side effects.

I only take 2 at night though, and have co-codomol (30/500) during the day, so perhaps that is why I am not so affected as others.

• S
    Beginner
    slinky_malinki ·
    • Hide content

? Bit of a lurker really, but I took Tramadol after my C/S and found them difficult to get on with. I was really spaced out, and like otehrs have said, found it difficult to sleep. At one point I was so out of it, I thought the woman in the bed opposite had 3 babies, but two of them were hiding (WTF?!) So I stopped taking them. It's difficult to say if that was down to the tablets, the morphine I'd been on previously, or just the shock of the birth and the problems I had afterwards (MRSA amongst others).

Sorry I can't be more help, but at the end of the day I'd say give them a whirl and see how you get on. good luck!

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

You're really going through it LP, aren't you ?

• Old Nick Esq.
    Old Nick Esq. ·
    • Hide content

Cross them with severdol and paracetemol, a couple of fluoxetine for kicks and the world will be grand.

Take with gin.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

What strength of the tablets have you got? If they didn't do anything for the pain maybe they can give you a higher dosage? They upped my level numerous times.

• sherry
    Beginner May 2009
    sherry ·
    • Hide content

When I took them, they made me feel light headed for a while. I started taking them in the morning, which I soon realised, wasn't good for me and then started taking them in the evening. They didn't keep me awake like I know they can effect others.

• Clodders
    Beginner July 2007
    Clodders ·
    • Hide content

I take tramadol and volterol daily.I found the first day the tramadol made me feel a little spacey and i find I need to eat before I take it as otherwise it seems to give me a fluttery belly.

I usually take one an hour before bedtime now and find i get a good nights sleep.As i have taken them for so long I do also drink alcohol on them,other than getting pissed much quicker i find them to be fine.

If they did not help the pain then you need to up the dose.I

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

I was really spaced out the first time I took them and slept for 12 hours and felt really hung over afterwards.

I found Fentanyl (I think, it was in patches and made me vomit) a bit better for pain killing, and Pethidine best of all.

• Mrs Cee
    Beginner
    Mrs Cee ·
    • Hide content

Hi lp been thinking about how your coping after you op?. I also found myself crying when H came home from work and had to run around after me, i think its because you feel so helpless. Not heard of Tramadol so can't help on that, I was given Dihydrocodeine for my foot but thankfully haven't needed to take it yet, I am coping with ibuprofen and paracetemol.

• E
    Beginner October 2026 Oxfordshire
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    I take tramadol on regular basis for my health conditions otherwise probably wouldn’t be able to walk… if you can get 50mg then take one and you should be fine as it does calm the nerves but don’t drink on them until after 4 hours 1 glass and your drunk your might come across more giggly then normal… with any medication you have to be careful just do what you think is best.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics