Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
Rockstar November 2014

Tell me about your little extras and personal touches :-)

alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk, 4 of September of 2014 at 22:14 Posted on Planning 0 22

I guess I'm obsessive! But I've been dreaming of my wedding for so long I don't want to miss anything!

Id love to hear about what little extras (entertainment, food, favours, surprises) you have planned for guests or ways in which your adding a personal touch to the day.

I'm hoping to give guests lots of yummy treats and we've got some fireworks as it's so close to bonfire night but can't wait to hear more ideas xx

22 replies

Latest activity by xcocowux, 8 of September of 2014 at 09:01
  • Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

I have my own horse ( <------- see profile pic!) so our biggest personal touch involves him. It was a suggestion our amazing florist came up with, which was to incorporate horse shoes within the centre pieces on the tables, so between now and next August I am saving all his used shoes for her to use! I'm also having a 'Mr' and 'Mrs' made from his shoes by my friends husband.

i lost my grandad who I was close to back in 2009, and there will be a few personal touches in memory of him; he loved playing scrabble so want to include that somewhere (originally wanted to do all the place names out of scrabble pieces until I started pricing things up...) and we are going to do charity favours for Alzheimer's research as well, as he had dementia.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MissPod ·
    • Hide content

I was just going to ask a similar question .... so can't wait to see all the responses Smiley smile

I really keen to hear of some WOW Favour ideas ......

We have a 'bike' themed wedding as we are keen cyclists, so looking for something along those lines if I can.

I'm still in the early stages of planning ours, which is next August !!! so I have plenty of time.

Other than a photo booth and a DJ (all day) I haven't got much else sorted for the tables or guests yet.

Happy days planning Smiley smile?

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Ooh there's an ice cream trike you could have!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MissPod ·
    • Hide content

Ill check the trike idea out - Smiley smile Thanks

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

We had an Alice in Wonderland theme, and I have to say I went more than a little overboard!

Each table (there were 17) had an individual display, made up of teacups, woodland stuff, bottles, teapots, keys, plants and flowers, which we told guests they could take away as favours

I made Alice themed necklaces for each BM and female ushers, with keys that matched the ones on the tables and teapot charms. The boys had cufflinks and all people who helped out got a 'we're all mad here' necklace or pin

I had a friend make me 300 meringue toadstools to put on everyone's desserts

Husband's band played in the eve, with me and his dad both doing guest appearances, unbeknownst to him Smiley smile

Some of our guests are professional DJs, so they all played and recreated a club that we all used to go to, which was ace!

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hijack, but what do you have in mind for the centrepieces? I really like the idea of using my horse's shoes as the centre pieces and it's something I always assumed I'd do, but I really can't think of any ways to do it!

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting our little boy a replica made of his daddys uniform for his pageboy outfit. going to be a surprise for oh. want him to have a rank higher than his daddy though so he has to salute him Smiley smile

We are going to make a donation to the Parachute Regiment charity instead of favours

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and we are having a white post box for cards, my mum is a postie so she is going to have her post bag to hand and collect the mail at the end of the evening Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We are painting stones with everyone's names on for place setting and something they can keep. I'm using my mum's wedding dress trunk which is lined with silk to pin the wedding table lists too.

All our centre pieces are DIY - milk bottles, jam jars and mum is growing sweet pea flowers for them and the glue gun will come out for buttons, lace etc. Favours are the wine glasses which will be etched.

Friend from work does wood carving in his spare time so he is engraving wood signs for us for reception adn sweet bar. Also toying with the idea of branded chocolate with our names and wedding date on.

Suprises for the guests will be the games corner along with sumo suits!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

We love skiing, and H2B proposed on the mountainside, in the snow....our table numbers are going to be Piste Markers that you get on the side of the slopes to tell you where you are/what colour run you are on.

We are torn between making our own or getting them made for us, but they will all be of slopes that mean something to us from our holidays.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

We are still quite early in our planning, and havent thought of it much. We love heavy metal, the final hour of the party will be heavy metal music :-) during which the love of my life and I may have our first mosh (dress depending).

I am tempted to wear my new rocks with my dress, as they have been on many big adventures with me (other than giving birth lol).

We are having empty jack Daniels, jagermeister, absinthe etc bottles with dinner candles in on the tables, which will have been a bit melted so it doesnt look pristine. The candles that is, we are not melting the bottles!

We will also be having a fire performance on the night too for guests to watch :-)

ETA: the other half suggested that him, myself and our son wear a matching pin badge each that will consist of 3 cogs together, as a part of the steampunk theme, and to symbolise our family coming together as one (cogs turning together/family in harmony and all that), which I will make. I love his awesome ideas!!

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    RSully78 ·
    • Hide content

One of my friends asked her mum for a peice of jewellery and had it metled into the wedding ring so they will always be joined thought that was nice

Rob

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    bettybubble ·
    • Hide content

We hired Professor Elemental as a surprise opening act! The usual advice is to play music everyone knows, so it was a bit of a gamble. It was totally for us, and we didn't tell anyone in advance!

He was brilliant - got the crowd up dancing within the first track. Loads of guests have mentioned how good he was. And he wrote a short ditty about my OH and me Smiley smile Massively recommended.

• Charlie1989
    Beginner August 2016
    Charlie1989 ·
    • Hide content

You can also hire a Pimm's trike - I've seen a few of them around Smiley smile

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have anything major, we had decorated pin boards with photos of H and I through our lives, everyone loved looking at them, especially the ones of us as children! Also i baked biscuits which were served with coffee. I did hearts, shoes for me and a guitar for H!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Our favours were chocolates hand made by me (well I melted different chocolate types, added different things and put into moulds)

Along with the thank you letters, I included photos for the guests (of them at the wedding, not of me! I got my pics back quite soon and you can get prints done very cheap if done in bulk. Guests really appreciated having a few pics from the day.

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

We have a video booth ;-)

My brooch bouquet has personal touches to represent both my parents as well as me and OH

Although we are having quite a traditional 'hotel' wedding, we have tried to make as much of it as true to us as possible; music choices throughout the day, chocolate and vodka favours.

Our table numbers are going to be random numbers significant to us with a fact on the reverse about us eg. Our house number with a pic of our house and the date we move in

I want to play pass the parcel during the wedding breakfast

I really want singing waiters but OH says no :-(

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

Our touches:

- We love playing scrabble - so have our names & just married spelt out in scrabble letters

- Our tables are named after books that we hope our children will read in the future - we already have a shelf on our book case

- OH has made paper flowers for his button hole & other decoration - we have printed the words of all important songs & readings from our wedding on them first

- Personalised M&M's

- The song list - all music (with exception from DJ) has been personally selected by us & includes songs that remind of our childhoods & are important for both us & our families. We are also including everyone who is married first dance within the compilation.

- Our cake is made by FMIL

x

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can get the pics on here, but feel free to have a look on my Pinterest and you'll find some different ideas on there (my username is heleneaton1)

we're also going to use his shoes on some of the pew ends in church, alternating them with flowers.

We are also having our photographer come the yard to do our engagement shoot, so monty pony will be in those photos with us! Instead of having a guest book, we are having one of these photos with a signing board around it for the guests to leave their messages on.

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

Im not very crafty so not making many things myself, but I am going to make lemoncello for my favours. Thanks to some help on here I have sourced little bottles, and I have ordered a stamp from etsy which I had made sayin 'when life hands you lemons, make lemoncello' and im going to make tags for them.

Other touches are we are having a fingerprint guestbook which is a car floating on fingerprint balloons but instead of the standard beetle I have had someone draw my HTBs race car (a historic mgb).

Finally we are having a 5 tier very formal wedding cake, but having seen the cool pinterest pic of spiderman peering out from the bottom layer, I am having a penguin peeking his head out as I love penguins and had to iincorporate one somewhere.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MayBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I've asked a member of my team at work to sing for us in the ceremony. She will sing my aisle song and a few whilst we're signing the register which will be nice. She has an amazing voice. We've also booked Singing Waiters which I am SO excited about. They do an awesome job and we're keeping it a secret from everyone so will be a complete shocker when they burst into song after the main course!

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

We are also painting stones and writing the names on them. When we send the invites they will be from our son requesting the pleasure of our guests company to watch his mummy and daddy get married. Hopefully people will think that's cute!

• X
    Beginner October 2014
    xcocowux ·
    • Hide content

We are having a vintage crepe van for the evening as a surprise for our guests...who doesnt like fresh pancakes Smiley smile

http://www.tlccreperie.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics