Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HatTrick
Beginner September 2010

TFI Friday Good/Bad Thread

HatTrick, 13 of September of 2013 at 09:53 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 38

I don't think I've ever started this before. Lets here about Otters' weeks!

Good: A very lazy day planned. I'm rather excited to have the whole day to spend playing my snazzy steam mop. *loser*

Bad: I am skint!

Good: I start my new job on Monday, perfect for extra time at home.

Bad: My H starts his new job Monday too and has lots of training scheduled so I don't think we'll see each other very much over the next couple of weeks.

Good (BT): O had his first full day at nursery yesterday and I survived!

38 replies

Latest activity by Icklefee, 13 of September of 2013 at 20:44
  • tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Good luck with the new job hattrick!

Good: Another weekend of house renovations planned!

Bad: Some sort of problem with our gas supply happened yesterday and we have no alternative means for hot water so I'm worried we'll be the whole weekend without showers!

Vibes to all those that need them xx

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Good luck with the new job HT

GOOD: had such a lazy day yesterday!

GOOD: another lazy day today but with a lunch date thrown in, already thinking about what im going to eat!!

BAD: H has a gig every day this weekend and i don't have any plans

GOOD: plans for my 30th birthday party are full steam ahead, im very excited!!

GOOD: we booked our 'summer holiday' yesterday, a week in Oxfordshire in November ? Very excited about this also!

Have a great weekend Otters!!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Good luck with the new jobs mr & mrs HT.

tayto- I hope you get the water sorted, what a nightmare.

I'm not feeling too positive at the moment but I'm going to try my best...

Good- I'm going on a mini hen do tomorrow day, afternoon tea and then cocktails.

Good- I've got a new gym buddy, which will hopefully make me actually go to the gym.

Bad- I'm sad, pretty much all of the time, and I don't know how to change it.

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

Good - It's Friday

Bad - I'm skint

Good - No plans all weekend

Bad - No plans all weekend

Bad - weather is rubbish

Bad - I think I am getting a cold

That's about it from me. Have a good weekend everyone.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Good luck for your new job!

Good: finally been given my referral for a dermatologist after suffering with acne for years. Got a cancellation so seeing them in two weeks instead of the 4 months I would have had to wait otherwise!

Bad: Not seen an awful lot of OH as he's been working so much this week. Felt quite lonely for most of it Smiley sad

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Good - My Mum is having my boys tomorrow, from about 10am, until 1pm Sunday.

Good - The above means some quality time with H. (I really am trying to enjoy his company more...)

Good - After a few blanket sales, I have money to buy myself something pretty.

Bad - Some woman didn't want to wait in line in the ladies loos, so went in the parent and child toilet. I asked if my recently toilet trained 2 yr old could go, as he was bursting, to be met with "NO, I was here first". J then wet himself, which he has NEVER done, and he was so upset. The woman then came out the toilet, and looked at J like a piece of sh!t, as he was standing there, in a puddle of wee, absolutely distraught. I nearly flew for her...

Bad - The above upset him so much, he wet the bed 3 times that night. He has never wet the bed, this again really upset him. He kept crying, telling me how sorry he was ?

Good/Bad - C has decided he can now walk himself to school. Good as it means he is becoming more independent, but bad as he still seems so small. Especially when walking by the high school students.

Good - The lollypop lady stopped me on Wednesday, to tell me how well behaved he is, how polite, and that he could teach the older kids how to behave. Very proud Mum.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awful! What a nasty thing to do! I don't know how you managed to not go for her. What an evil witch.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Not so good this week. Work has been difficult for me and dreadful for my H (he nearly walked out) and last weekend was Baby E's due date, so that's brought sad feelings to the fore again. (Not that they are very far away)

And it has struck me that I am going to be on my own all over the Christmas period (including Christmas day) which is never so bad in practice but feels a bit meh if I think about it too much.

And Hattie has her pre-op (spaying) assessment tomorrow and I feel like the meanest cat-mummy in the world!

Good bits - we had a lovely holiday last week (apart from H's boss ringing him at least twice every day) and I got a better suntan in Cornwall than I did in Greece!

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Good - feeling more part of the team at work Smiley smile

Good - Started going swimming, really enjoying it, makes a change from the gym day in, day out.

Good - Max bunny's eyes are getting better after eye ointment Smiley laugh

Good - spending tomorrow with one of my best friend, going to have a takeaway..so excited!

Bad - it's still too cold for me.

Bad - still not enough hours in the day

Good - I'm cannot wait to snuggle in bed tonight

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There are some absolute tw@ts about aren't there? ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Good: No plans this weekend.
    Bad: Weather is for heavy rain and gales. I'm going to get battered out with hound dog.
    Good: MF working all weekend and I like having her to myself.
    Good: 120 Orders Of Service to make this weekend.
    Fantastic: Have 7 card orders to complete, some for some lovely Hitchers. Also have two wedding invitation sample sets to send out, loving making them all!

Hugs to those who need them, thinking of you. Have a nice weekend Otters x

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Good - Another week at work survived!

Good - A seems to be loving nursery, she's doing new tricks all the time which makes me really happy. She copies me now too and we spent the whole drive home from nursery last night shouting "Whooooooo" really loud and punching the air (I was driving carefully too honest!). I think she will be as crackers as me very soon.

Good - I will be spending my lunch time enjoying a free, three course meal at a posh hotel in Birmingham Smiley smile

Bad - Aforementioned three course meal won't help me in shedding this last 5 pound!

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I dont think you need to loose anymore, from stalking you on Facebook you look fab.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Good luck with the new job Hatters!

Massive hugs to MrsI and AC ?

ER - How vile! Poor J! You really do get some horrible people out there.

Good - It's the weekend!

Good - Off to Ludlow food festival either tomorrow or Sunday, whichever day it doesn;t decide to pee it down!

Good - H's pay day so no longer skint!

Not alot to report really.

Have a lovely weekend guys.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

BT and Sens.

Its all just bad bad bad.

6 months today I found out I'd miscarried

6 months next weds I had the ERPC

12 months next weds since we started TTC

Next sunday would have been my due date.

Did a preg test this morning which was negative

NON BT

Weather is rubbish

I feel like crapola

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley smile

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Hugs to MrsC, Rod & MrsI - sorry things are so bad at the moment for you all.

AFM

Good - Got our professional wedding photos last week and they are amazing!

Good - Apparently a blog want to feature our wedding!

Good - H is running the Great North Run this weekend so got a weekend in Newcastle

Good/Bad - My half marathon is the weekend after, excited but also very nervous, especially as my training hasn't gone particularly well!

Bad - The flat needs a big sort out and I am struggling to find time to do it before my family come and stay

Good - loving my new job, especially as I'm working from home today so can actually hitch for the first time in forever

Good/Bad - police were due round at 1030 to take a witness statement, regarding the money that H transferred to the wrong bank account all those months ago. Good - it should get a move on a resolution, Bad - they're still not here!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Bad - my nan was taken into hospital this week after collapsing and is very poorly still waiting on brain scans. I am very worried.

Good BT - Henry has finally been discharged from the hospital after a very traumatic birth and complications.

I can't really think of anything else.

HT good luck with new jobs

ER that's disgraceful what a twunt

Rod sorry it's so hard at the moment.

Thoughts to all those that need them , have a good weekend.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Good: Had a phonecall from my son's English teacher last night to tell me how wonderful he is. ?

Bad: My daughter doesn't seem to grasp the fact that homework does need to be done. ?

Good: Off out tonight with H, expecting to be hungover tomorrow.

Good: BT J's personality is coming through even more and she is one cheeky monkey!

Good/Bad: Will be having talks with work soon about going back. Fingers crossed it all works out...

Good luck and hugs to all those that need them.

Have a good weekend! ? ?

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Hugs to those who need or want them. Good luck with the new job, HT.

Good - had a nice relaxing week off work

Bad - Back to work next week

Good - H started his new job this week and he seems to be enjoying it

Bad - We're skint, roll on payday!

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Good: For the first time in MONTHS we both have a weekend completely and blissfully free.

Bad: Tomorrow we will probably be going food shopping and ikea.

Bad: I am skint.

Good: I am sooooo looking forward to spending some good quality time with the OH.

Good: I finally sorted another MUA out after the other took the p and I am saving soooo much money by not having to pay travel charges and 'bank holiday charges'.

Good: It's friday treat night! I'm thinking these this week:

And as always

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Good - it's Friday and we have NO plans all weekend.

Bad - Between worrying about H's knee surgery next Tuesday, my mum's ongoing tests and illnesses and trying to help my friend through a nasty spell of depression, I am not sleeping a bit.

Good - I bloody love the wet, grey, cooler weather.

Good - my lovely mum bought me some sensible boots for the school run. No more blisters or soggy feet for me!

Bad - L was sent home from school this morning with a sickness bug. Waiting to see if it takes down the rest of us!

Good - we've had an awesome day chilling out together, watching sci-fi movies and drinking tea.

Bad - we are completely, hopelessly broke at the moment.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Hugs right back at you K. Hope it all clears up soon!

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Big cuddles all round I think. Lots of love to everyone who is going through it xxx

Good: H has a new job! Yay! Just waiting to find out if he's had a decent pay rise too!

Good: It's our 2nd anniversary on Tuesday and we have the day off together

Good: I am noticeably less sick

Meh: I have to try on a bridesmaid dress in a bit with a cutout bit and it is not going to look good!

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Hugs and vibes to all who need them! Some crappy stuff this week and coming up by the sounds of it so hope you're all managing ok and trying to take care of yourselves.

Ok:

Bad - Due to Mr RK being rushed into hopsital at start of week we are both now competely exhausted

Good Good Good - He was discharged and is back home ?

Bad - They still don't know what happened which means more tests. Boo.

Good - It is the weekend so I can try and re-charge without feeling like i should be doing work

Bad - Originally had wedding stuff planned for this weeked (dress shopping etc) which I have had to cancel to take care of OH. It's not important stuff at all (dress can wait) but was really looking forward to it

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I now have a food baby. I will call him Mario.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Lots of vibes and hugs to those having a rubbish time, life can be so unfair.

Good: It's H's birthday this weekend and I have lots of cunning surprises up my sleeve - looking forward to spoiling him.

Bad: After spending loads of time with H over the last month or so, his work commitments mean that he'll be all over the place from Monday onwards (until November!) and I wont get to see him very much ?

Good: This means I might actually get some work done.

Not sure: I'm feeling restless. I need a new project or a new hobby or something. I just don't know what it is I want to do.

Have lovely weekends

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mr Erin got a referall to a dermatologist this week as well! His doctor has finally admitted she doesn't know what todo with his dermatitis after numerous prescriptions and doctors appointments.

BAD: The tenants who used to own the house we moved into next week have been letting themselves in to get their post and also stole a flymo! The estate agent and solicitor have been useless. I rang the previous owner myself and spoke to him. We are fuming! We didn’t budget for the cost of getting the locks changed.

GOOD: Slowly but surely we getting sorted with the new house which is very exciting

GOOD: My new job appears to be more sorted. Head off ice HR department are crap but the HR contact at the hospital luckily is sorting it out for me. Does it really take 3 months to get references for someone?!

BAD: I am not liking the autumnal weather!

BAD / GOOD: Working lots –l don’t get a day off this week but the money is very useful at the mo.

BAD: A week of stuff going wrong! Including boiler breaking –but it is now fixed. But no heat or hot water was not fun. Mr Erin leaving his keys at the new house which is 100 mile round trip from where we are living now.

I hope everyone has a better week next week. Hugs for those going through a tough time.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Hugs and vibes all round by the sound of it.

Good operation booked for 1.5 weeks time.

Good it's Friday

Bad I have to paint the hallway and I can't be arsed I just want to get drunk!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Good - Bought my wedding dress! Huge relief.
    Bad - Although kind of good have a few family birthdays this month so been really skint forking out for gifts n stuff Smiley smile
    Good - Got some more things in for boys birthday & Christmas.
    Good - it's only 15 Saturdays til Christmas (sorrySmiley laugh )
    Bad - Still have bad toothache from getting a back tooth out!
    Bad - Been a bit of track with the healthy eating, scrubbing out this week and starting a fresh.
    Good - Going out shopping tomorrow to get some more things for wedding in hopefully / Bad - Weather is going to be rancid!

Have a great weekend everyone & hugs to those who need them x

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

Good - 2 more shifts at work then 10 days off!

Bad - lots to do at work before we go away.

Good - feeling more relaxed this week and I've been sleeping better.

Bad - I've got a huge pile of washing and ironing to do.

Hugs and vibes to those that need them. Have lovely weekends all!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Good- .......

bad- work is horrific, I'm worried about my big sis, mrmini and I do nothing but argue and I have the skin of a 13 year old.

vibes to all who need them. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics