Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Baroness
Beginner July 2012

Thank you cards - handwritten?

Red Baroness, 11 August, 2011 at 11:52

Posted on Planning 43

What is the norm on this? Are wedding thank you cards generally hand written and personalised? Just received a generic printed thank you photo, with a printed message on the side.

What is the norm on this? Are wedding thank you cards generally hand written and personalised? Just received a generic printed thank you photo, with a printed message on the side.

43 replies

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thought so. Why dont you agree with saying thank you? Surely it's good manners and is definitely appreciated by the guest.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

My mum has made my thank you cards -i didnt really think about it actually.

She has printed the wording inside, do you think it'd look stupid to add a persoanlised message towards the bottom too?

x

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I love handwritten thank yous. I tend to keep anything like that.

When my CBM got married, she wrote a note thanking us for coming, saying my OH looked smart and I looked pretty ? Obviously she was lying but I can remember that sentiment 3 years on...

I will definitely be making the effort

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I don't think it'd look stupid I think people would appreciate that you've taken the time to add a message, it makes the card more personal as with a printed card everyone will get the same message.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok cool. I just didnt think about it, i went to Mums and she'd already made them and looked soo happy with them bless her. I will def do a note myself in them

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you think it will look a little cramped, could you write a little note on some pretty paper and put it inside the card?

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes that is a good idea. Will see what Mum says, i dont want to sound rude and ungreatful to my mum so will do it a nice way

x

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We'll probably put a generic 'thank you' message on the front with a photo and a handwritten message inside - yeah it's tedious and repetetive, but much nicer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics