Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2015

Thank you Gifts

soon-to-be-MrsDennis, 22 of April of 2015 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

I'm struggling to find ideas that's not too expensive as thank you Gifts for the best men, bridesmaids and my brother who will be walking me down the aisle.

I'm not planning on spending a lot of money on each person, as we are paying for all of their outfits, shoes, accessories, hair & make up etc

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Michelle

10 replies

Latest activity by Jacqueline, 11 of January of 2021 at 15:52
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Personalised photo frame, trinket box, cufflinks, hip flask, bracelet? I bought the photo frame and hip flask for another occasion, and they were very good. These are all less than £12 each too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personalised-Silver-Plated-Photo-ENGRAVED/dp/B00CGY8VWC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429738732&sr=8-2&keywords=personalised+photo+frame

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bridesmaid-Heart-Trinket-Personalised-Engraving/dp/B00L42Z99K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1429739009&sr=8-6&keywords=bridesmaid+gifts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personalised-MESSAGE-ENGRAVED-Birthday-Anniversary/dp/B000W9NFU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429739049&sr=8-1&keywords=best+man+hip+flask

http://www.amazon.co.uk/personalised-tankard-lines-birthday-christmas/dp/B00903IM8K/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1429739096&sr=8-13&keywords=best+man+gift

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on ebay! I'm getting my BMs a framed print saying thank you for being our bridesmaid with their name, our names and the date - only about £5 each

I haven't got a clue what to get for the men though!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

For your bridesmaids, how about an engraved mirror compact. We got some from Studio 24 for about £7 each and they loved them.

Or double up their present with their accessories and give them jewellery as their gift for them to wear on the day. My simple pearl "Hepburn" designs using Swarovski pearls are just £13 for bracelets, £11 for pendants and £7.50 for earrings and will be worn time and time again.

Lots more ideas on

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you make these yourself? Do you do custom things also?

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

We have bought personalised hip flasks for the men (Around £18 each) and personalised silver bracelets for women (Around £13 each). These were both from Not On The Highstreet

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We bought the boys a Ben Sherman watch each - about £30, also got them some Jean Paul Gaultier aftershave, also about £30 iirc and they got their outfits including shoes and special socks. It depends how much you want to spend really. The girls got loads, Vera Wang perfume, their wedding day jewellery - pearl necklace, bracelet and earrings, and I made them personalised cotton bags and dressing gowns. Plus they got shoes, dresses, hair, make-up. My daughter got a Vivienne Westwood watch and a Pandora Charm too as a special thankyou. All in all this was a lot but, the fragrances all came from Fragrance Direct.com and were about half the normal price. The pearl jewellery set wasn;t expensive at all, about £10 each I think. The watches are fab and one lad hasn't taken his off, the others I know won't be worn and that is my point. Don;t get stuff if you'll be upset if they don't wear/use etc.

If you get personalised stuff like flasks, frames etc, you have to accept that boys in particular will just shove them in a drawer and are unlikeley to look at them again. They don't get it Smiley winking but if you go for good aftershave, albeit at a bargain price, they're more likely to use it on and after the day.

We also gave all the presents in the morning rather than in speeches, I don't like it in the speeches personally, which meant the could double up as items for the day itself.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Their favorite perfumes, scarf, plant seeds or a little plant, their favorite book, a box of chocolates - just some suggestions Smiley smile

• Soon2BMrsJ
    Beginner September 2015
    Soon2BMrsJ ·
    • Hide content

I'm putting together a bag with a mixture of little things in it for my bridesmaids. Take a look at Etsy.com if you search for thank you gifts loads of great ideas come up. Although I would select from Uk as otherwise the postage can be huge!

Not sure about parents and grooms men yet though!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi soontobeasmurfette - yes I make everything myself to order. I can adapt current designs or create something bespoke for you no problem. If you'd like to discuss any ideas my email address is ****@***********.**.**

• J
    Beginner July 2021 Buckinghamshire
    Jacqueline ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you Gifts 1
    I’ve just ordered one of these from Personalised By James on Etsy for my fiancé as part of a survival kit I’m putting together for him. I haven’t received it yet but I’m hoping it looks as good as the photo. It’s just under £12 so not breaking the bank and it’s engraved just for him.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics