Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Funny*Bunny*
Beginner August 2014

Thank you gifts for best man/FOB/ushers?FOG etc etc

*Funny*Bunny*, 5 of August of 2014 at 13:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm struggling for ideas! I thought H2B would have some good ideas as he is a guy after all, but no!

Have no idea what to get them!!

Bridesmaids I am getting jewellery for them and thinking of getting them a little something else each too (plenty of ideas for this). MOB/MOG I am getting thank you flowers and going to get them something little extra too (again, plenty of ideas for this) but I don't know what to get the guys!

We have FOB and FOG, then best man (H2B's brother) and an usher (my brother). I want to get them all something, but really cannot think what!

What have you got, or do you have any ideas?

Help! Getting married 2 weeks on Saturday!

5 replies

Latest activity by cw2b, 9 of August of 2014 at 22:58
  • M
    Beginner November 2015
    MissJag ·
    • Hide content

There are always cuff links but that pretty boring. If they drink what about a nice bottle of port, whiskey or similar. Nice leather wallets. My other half got a lovely silver bottle opener that attaches to a nice silver key ring when he was best man for a friend and he carries it around all the time and it often comes in useful. How about a gift card for a 'red letter day' drive a Ferrari or a race car, 4x4 driving or something like that.

• *Funny*Bunny*
    Beginner August 2014
    *Funny*Bunny* ·
    • Hide content

I love the red letter day gift idea, only issue is that H2B's father is 83, so probably won't be allowed to drive the cars! I could see if there was a wine tasting or something like that...

Personalised alcohol bottles was one of my thoughts, only thing is I don't know what booze they'd like! (well I know what I'd get OH's dad, but that's it! I suppose I can try to subtly find out!)

The bottle opener keyring sounds like a lovely idea Smiley smile I was thinking it'd be nice to give them a gift they'd get use out of an be able to see/use a lot so they're reminded how grateful we are for all their help

Cufflinks was an idea, but they just don't ever have an opportunity to wear them, so it seems like a pointless gift really!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I went for engraved things. I bought a bottle opener keyring for my brother (usher) and a guitar plectrum for the best man, they both arrived really quickly and they're gorgeous!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFL7UX2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CP774IC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• *Funny*Bunny*
    Beginner August 2014
    *Funny*Bunny* ·
    • Hide content

I've decided on all the gifts! I've ordered from etsy hand painted and personalised glasses (champagne glasses with pink decor for the girls, and beer glasses with silver decor for the boys), each has a pattern on and then their role at the wedding (mother of bride, usher, bridesmaid, etc) above the pattern and then the date of our wedding on the base of the glass Smiley smile left it a little late for delivery but fingers crossed they'll be here in time!

Overall gift lists:

FOB - Glass, FOB socks and cufflinks (to be given on morning of wedding to wear during the day), a selection of three nice beers, FOB survival kit

FOG - Glass, mini selection of his favourite whisky

Usher - Glass, engraved bottle opener key ring

Best man - Glass, engraved bottle opener key ring

MOB - Glass, flowers, MOB survival kit

MOG - Glass, flowers

Bridesmaids (x3) - Glass, thank you bracelet

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

OH is getting best man bottle of Jack Daniels and a personalised glass, usher he is struggling with but decided to get champagne, his dad I think he's getting him a frame ready to put wedding photo in (not sure if he's getting him anything else, his mum and dad aren't together so getting his mum one too) and I'm booking and paying for a meal at a nice restaurant for my mum and dad - they will also get a photo album, frame and flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics