Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

May2be
Beginner July 2011

Thank you gifts for suppliers....yes or no?

May2be, 6 July, 2011 at 13:25 Posted on Planning 0 15

What is etiquette when it comes to thank yous for suppliers particularly those that are present on the day such as venue coordinators, caterers, photgrapher, dj etc. Is it the norm the provide gifts for these people or would you normal send a thank you card/letter afterwards?

15 replies

Latest activity by BespokeTailor, 8 July, 2011 at 14:30
  • JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

I've been sent both gifts and letters from previous couples and whilst the gifts are lovely, I much prefer the thank you letters. To hear the very kind words that are said about me directly from couples really makes the job extra special. When someone says how emotional your photographs are really is the icing on the cake...

Hope that helps..

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

We sent our venue a thank you card which had loads of photos on and mentioned certain memebrs of staff who were fab. for flower suppliers, hairdresser, band, we sent a than you email with some photos and also wrote a review for them!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I think a card or something would be nice - one of our suppliers has asked for a photo of the jewelery she made for us to put on her website and a few kind words, which is no problem. But as for actual "gifts" then I think that's a bit overkill since you're already paying enough for their services.

We have said to our photographer, band etc that they are welcome to help themselves to the evening buffet and we'll make sure they have jugs of water around.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't expect a gift because at the end of the day, we are doing our job and you are paying for our services anyway. I've had a few gifts in the past but mainly receive thank you letters/emails/cards and photos which mean so much more because, as Starstruck says, so many customers promise to send photos but forget and it's so lovely to see pictures of your work in situ on the day. The 'on the day' photos are so much help to other customers who can view what our work looks like with real people rather than just seeing our own images on a website.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I sent thank you emails (hard to post from over here) and sent them the pictures taken by the TOG saying they were welcome to use for their websites/brochures/etc. I sent a gift to the lady that made my cake but she is a family friend so felt I needed to do that at least.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

A thank you card/letter/email is worth its weight in gold to a supplier. I particularly treasure the ones that are more detailed.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I love getting thank you letters.

I've received one today from PaddyandLin from their wedding in May and it is soooo much appreciated.

To think that someone has gone to the trouble to personally thank you. Means a lot to me. Makes my job that bit more special.

Nat

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

A thank you letter or email is great and no one expects a gift for doing their job

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Nothing beats the receiving of a phone call or card from a couple.

Nothing is worse than sending the photos to a couple and never hearing from them again. It signifies they looked at you as 'just a service' and have no understanding on how personal the day was to you.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I never expect a gift from any of my couples but am always grateful when I recieve them. Like the others I love to get feedback & also a Thank you note always brightens my day.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I agree that gifts aren't necessary but an email afterwards saying thank you and pictures from their wedding I personally find amazing and my heart always melts seeing brides wearing my jewellery. A Hitcher once sent me flowers which had me in tears as I felt so overwhelmed by it. I've also had loads of cards from people which I've kept.

I used my flower centre pieces to give to the singer/DJ (who was also a hitcher and a friend) and I would have loved to have bought her something different but we couldn't afford it.

• nicolagrimshawmitchell
    nicolagrimshawmitchell ·
    • Hide content

Its not necessary at all! If you feel you've received great service then a little thank-you card would be enough - I save all my cards and they really bring a smile to my face too! I've also received Champagne, chocs and flowers before too! Gorgeous but still love reading the cards x?

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

Just a verbal thank you is good enough for me. (& Cake ?)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics