Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2013

Thank you present ideas for my Mum and Dad

mrandmrsfossett2b, 28 January, 2013 at 15:15 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married in March and am struggling to decide what to get my Mum and Dad as a thank you present. They've done so much and contributed so much to the wedding and the plans that I want to get them something really special. I can't decide whether to get them a joint present or a present each so am open to either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

4 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 28 January, 2013 at 16:51
  • A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

My dad contributed for the whole venue so we've got him a really special watch...

My mum along with mother of the groom will get an orchid on the day x

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

So they had something to keep, I got my parents an embroidered handkerchief with a cheesy saying on it.

As a proper thank you for both sets of parents, we are taking them away on a long weekend trip where we'll treat them.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I always find my parents difficult to buy for as they don't really need anything , have so many keepsake trinkets and special gifts from different events over the years, which my mum always tries to find a place for at home and I have to bear in mind they wont be going straight home afterwards since they will be staying at ours with the kids allowing us to go on honeymoon so I've opted to get them a small keepsake gift each and pay for a room upgrade for the weekend of our wedding , hoping they will enjoy it and find it more relaxing if they have this additional space. Is this an option for you ?? or maybe you could get them some theatre tickets for a date after the wedding so they can enjoy an evening out together after all the rush and stress of the big day has died down ??? could still get them a small trinket as a keepsake as well .

Hope this helps

L x

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    mrandmrsfossett2b ·
    • Hide content

I really like these ideas. I'd love to be able to give my mum and orchard to keep but she can't look after flowers or plants and it wouldn't last 5 minutes! lol

I've actually already bought them each an embroidered hankie to give them the morning of the wedding as I thought it would be a nice keepsake and I know there will be tears! So I'm leaning towards giving them some like theatre tickets and/or a weekend away.

It's so difficult as like you say about your parents, they have so many trinkets etc. I would also like to give them a wedding album of their own but that's not exactly something I can give them on the day or for a little while after the wedding...

x

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I've got them a little plaque with something sentimental on from Little Love Designs, have a look on facebook they're gorgeous!

Not sure what else to get though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics