Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lex
Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire

Thankyou cards??

Lex, 23 of February of 2023 at 20:14 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Just wondered what the etiquette nowadays is for thankyou cards?! Do all guests get them, day and evening? Did you make a list of what each person gave as a gift? Wedding isn’t till July but I’m thinking ahead!

5 replies

Latest activity by B2B2023, 20 of May of 2023 at 10:03
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have extra evening guests so can't help with that bit. However we sent thank you cards to all guests whether they gave a gift or not and anyone else who sent us something but didn't come to the wedding. I kept a list as we opened gifts so we didn't lose track of who got us what, especially because a lot was cash so we didn't want to miss how much everyone gave. It meant we could be more specific in the thank you cards with how we would use their gift.
  • K
    Savvy August 2023 Co Londonderry
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content

Im planning on doing thank you cards as I thought that was the done thing, though last 2 weddings we went to we havent received thank yous, though the june one they text thanking us . the november one not even a text as yet.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We did exactly this, thank you cards for all day guests and then tailored to thank for the present they gave so was more personal.

• B2B2023
    Curious April 2023 East Central London
    B2B2023 ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve been wondering this too. Was quite surprised by the number of day guests who didn’t even bring a card. I was going to send thank yous to everyone but t then my friend pointed out that a 3 course meal alcohol and entertainment is enough of a thank you for coming and so I think we will only send them to those who have gifts (which included day and evening guests). Postage isn’t cheap these days!
  • B2B2023
    Curious April 2023 East Central London
    B2B2023 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same here - I didn’t receive a thank you from 3 or so weddings but the majority of weddings I’ve been to they’ve sent them and it’s been lovely receiving.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics